Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE My sweet Miffy will be missed & loved forever…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Miffy_Forever
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

To my sweet baby – Miffy (my cutest American fuzzy lop: Oct, 2018- Oct, 2021).

I had been extremely sad and almost had a breakdown after I knew Miffy passed away at my parents’ place. They had been taking care of Miffy since I left home for UK in September 2020. Miffy was always adorable, curious and lively nearly everyday. All of a sudden, it got sick and stopped eating and drinking at the end of September (does anyone know the reason why?). My parents went to some pet hospitals but couldn’t find an eligible rabbit vet or rabbit medication to save Miffy, which was extremely disappointing. But Miffy, my little angel, passed away on Oct 1, which made us all cry as if our hearts would break.

I couldn’t stop crying each time I thought of Miffy’s adorable look and I really miss the happy moments we had together. Miffy had been a lovely companion when I felt sad and down and was always there for me. During our two years together, I really missed the feeling of going home with Miffy waiting for me and relying on me. No matter how bad things got, I knew there’s someone who unconditionally supported me and stayed with me – I was not alone. Miffy had been my most solid emotional anchor.

Miffy was my most trusted friend, I shared many details of my life and feelings with Miffy for two years. It was such a heavy blow to my heart when I knew it’s gone. Miffy, you are a family member and dearly missed by us, we all miss you so much. 😥

Miffy, it is very painful for us to be parted from you. It pains my heart each time I think of you because I miss you so bad. I really don’t know when I won’t miss you this bad. I can’t help crying when I think of the happy moments we had together and I realise that you do not exist in this world already. I will never forget you and you will always be in my heart with me until the end of my life.

If it is possible, I hope we will meet again in another form in my life. Maybe you will have a new life as a new bunny, please give me a sign to find you. Maybe you will have a new life as a human being, I wish you had a very loving family that will love and care for you as we did. I really cherish all the happy moments we had, thanks for coming to my life.

May you rest in peace, my dear Miffy, or please have a happy life at rabbit planet.

You will be loved, remembered and missed by us forever.

Your devoted owner – Hailey

• Bam
        16879 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry for your loss.

It’s very hard to lose a bun, especially a young bun. It’s not possible to say what took her – practically all rabbit illnesses first present as inappetence. Rabbits hide any ailment extremely well, but when they can’t any longer, they stop eating. Sometimes the cause is something inocuous and the rabbit  recovers with vet care, sometimes there’s something really bad going on and the rabbit can’t be saved.

It’s wonderful that Miffy had such loving humans.

We never forget them, they never truly leave us.

Binky free, sweet Miffy.

• ParsleyBun
          Participant
          119 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss. ❤ It sort of sounds like GI stasis, but there are no guarantees.

(((((((Binky free, sweet Miffy.))))))))))

• DanaNM
            8940 posts Send Private Message

I’m very sorry for your loss of Miffy. 🙁 It is so hard when there is not good veterinary care available, it’s awful feeling so helpless.

When a rabbit stops eating it can be symptom of many things, but they are all quite serious. Because rabbits hide their symptoms well, we often don’t notice until things are very bad. GI stasis occurs when the gut stops down and can become deadly very quickly. Stasis can be a symptom of another problem, but sometimes it doesn’t seem to have a clear cause. Rapid treatment is essential, as a rabbit who hasn’t eaten in 12 hours is considered to be in a state of emergency.

Although she was only with you for a short time, it’s clear she had a home full of love. Again I’m very sorry for your loss. 🙁

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE My sweet Miffy will be missed & loved forever…