Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A my sisters rabbit isn’t eating or drinking

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • dexterthebunny
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

My sisters bunny loki isn’t eating or drinking i even tried to give him his one of his favorite treats: a grape, but he won’t even eat that! but the odd thing to me is that he’s acting perfectly fine and he binkys  all the time and another thing this morning his ears were slightly cold but i warmed them up with a blanket. and my sister said that he was eating hay last night. i think it might be because my sister doesn’t clean his food or water bowls and they were kinda dirty so i think that’s might what made him not want to eat or its because his cage wasn’t clean, so i made her clean her cage and i know rabbits aren’t supposed to have cages but my parents make them have cages and i can’t do anything about it cuz they said i can’t do anything about it till i’m like 18 and im not.

(Edited by Wick – identifying information removed)

• LBJ10
        16908 posts Send Private Message

It has been a while since you posted. How is the bunny doing now? Has he eaten anything? Has he pooped?

Sudden disinterest in favorite treats is usually a sign of gas or gastric distress. Gas causes pain in their stomach and that makes them not want to eat anything. Sometimes bunnies can work the gas out on their own and they start eating again. Sometimes they need a little help (simethicone, tummy massages, etc.) to work it out. If your bunny hasn’t eaten in 12-24 hours, then it is considered an emergency. Gas pain can lead to stasis if it goes unresolved.

• Cinnimon&Ollie
          Participant
          300 posts Send Private Message

LBJ10 covered the eating and drinking but I wanted to know more about the space the bunny has how big is it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A my sisters rabbit isn’t eating or drinking