Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR My Rabbit Only Flops And Sleep All Day

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • BreeBunny
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

My rabbit doesn’t do anything all day. We give him tons of space to run around and stuff but he never uses it. We have almost had him for a year now and he has never binkyed but he flops a lot, he has jumped around when me let him on the grass but still not very much. He is healthy but constantly sleeps and is never super energetic.

• Bam
        16871 posts Send Private Message

How old is your bun? Was he more (or less) active when he first came to you?

I found a rabbit in the woods once, my first bun as a grown up. (It’s the bun in my avatar, Bam. I also took my BB name from him. He changed my life for the better).

We could never figure out his age since he was fully adult when we found him,  but it seemed pretty clear that he had been confined to a cage (or a very  small area) for most of his life, and didnt really understand the concept of free roaming.

This changed, though, but he needed more than a year. He eventually became both outgoing and very cuddly. He never took an interest in toys, except in the treat ball. Treat balls are gratifying even if you fill them with the bun’s maintenance pellets, but you of course need to subtract the treat ball pellets from his daily pellet allowance.

Adult rabbits may very well lounge all day. Rabbits have a third eyelid that allows them to sleep with their eyes seemingly open (probably a good defense against predators). This means the rabbit can look wide awake even though its sound asleep .

Rabbits are crepuscular, meaning that their most active time is at dawn and dusk. Rabbits often adapt to the hoomin’s active hours though, by being mostly active in the evening (since that’s as a rule when the owners return from school or work).

Does your rabbit eat, poop and pee normally? Do you see a marked change in behavior?

• prince dorian the bun
          Participant
          743 posts Send Private Message

that sounds a bit like Dorian, he’s all about the dramatic flops and a good long lounge. He does binky, but it’s pretty rare usually it’s just little half binkies, same with zoomies. No idea what sets him off when he does either, but it does seem like it is usually when something new and exciting happened that day. He is allowed on the deck when weather is nice and loves it, but even there once he has ran outside he just loafs and sniffs the breeze. He does go explore tunnels if I have shifted them and if my bedroom door is open that will cause him to materialize across the house to see if he can get in. Oh and if I am in a zoom meeting too long and he feels ignored he will madly and amazingly loudly chew cardboard, rattle his fencing, knock things over and generally cause as much ruckus & noise as he can.

I don’t think you need to worry about your bunny, some of them are just way more mellow than others. I think some breeds can be more so than others too… but someone else would have to say which ones do which.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR My Rabbit Only Flops And Sleep All Day