Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A my rabbit isnt pooping after i changed litter brands

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • bumpybunny
      Participant
      152 posts Send Private Message

walmart ran out of the brand of aspen i use for my rabbit’s litter, so last night i had to use soft bedding when i changed her litter box. she threw a fit and kept trying to spill her litter and dig it all out. this morning i got another brand of aspen for her and i changed her litterbox around 11am and its 6:30pm now, i dont see much poop maybe around 10 pieces? there may be more, it looks like shes been digging around in the litter and buried some. i’ve been gone all day so im not sure if she’s eaten much or not. im wondering if maybe its because she’s mad about the litter change? i got her out to play and shes playing and running around like she normally does, but she wont let me pet her so im assuming she’s pretty mad about it. would it be too long to wait until tomorrow morning to see if she poops/eats more by then? i would give her veggies to see if she eats them but i gave her the last of it the other night and my mom hasnt gotten any more yet. (sorry this is so long 😭)

• DanaNM
        8901 posts Send Private Message

Hmm, rabbits can be pretty picky about their potty spots, but it is pretty unusual for them to not use the box entirely. I would be more worried that it’s a coincidence and she’s in some sort of GI stress. Is she peeing in it?

If she hasn’t pooped much since this morning, I wouldn’t wait until tomorrow for improvement. Is she eating her hay normally?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• bumpybunny
            Participant
            152 posts Send Private Message

since posting this she has pooped and ate a lot more. i watched her go poop and then she actually started digging around and covering it up, so i moved her litter around and i found a lot more poop, im not sure why shes covering it up haha but she seems fine now 🙂

• LBJ10
            16870 posts Send Private Message

But her energy levels are normal? I agree with Dana that this is a bit unusual. Most rabbits will still poop in a situation like this… just maybe not in the offending litter box. Then again, you would be surprised how long they can hold it until they can make it to their box. Although you would think sooner or later they would just give in and poop. Hmm.

• DanaNM
              8901 posts Send Private Message

Glad to hear she’s pooping! that makes more sense that they were just hidden.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A my rabbit isnt pooping after i changed litter brands