Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE My little girl is gone

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Balli
      Participant
      15 posts Send Private Message

She died in my arms a couple hours ago. Heard a noise, ran to my room to find her having a seizure. She stopped, I gently brought her in my lap and I had the feeling. My dog passed away recently and there is a moment where you just kind of know.

I was crying, I wish I didn’t cry in front of her like that. I was petting her, I told her that I was sorry and I love her. And then I saw her nose stop twitching. Immediately, I wish that I pet her more, I wish that I told her I loved her more, I wish I had given her more kisses on her head.

I am thankful my parents were home, calling our emergency contacts for her, but it was too late. Last night, I introduced a strawberry into her diet, her favourite. She got sick but has an extremely sensitive stomach and it always passes. I should have taken her in. The vet said it was an infection of some sort and told me there was nothing I could have done.

I feel like a horrible person. We were looking to rehome her because I wanted someone who could give her more attention. My family tells me I was a good parent, but I feel so insufficient in comparison to what some of you guys do for your little ones. While her habitat was large, I was planning on making a condo. My room is bunny-proofed, but when I let her out she always went back in her crate. I made her dishes in my ceramics class and crafted toys. Petted her whenever she was gracious to let me. But I don’t think it was enough. I never felt good enough. And now she is gone

• DarthVadar
        Participant
        198 posts Send Private Message

Bunnies are very simple creatures. They want food, love, and security. A rabbit doesn’t care if your bunny condo or whatever is smaller than that one you saw on pinterest, or if you bought him the most expensive toys. If you feed them, play with them and take care of them, they will be very happy.
          Beating yourself up won’t help. After my baby Cocoa died, I would spend hours thinking about everything I could have done better. Its a waste of time, and it kept me from spending those hours with my other bunnies.

• Bam
          16877 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry you lost your bun. It seems like you loved her and cared well for her. I think we always wish we could have done more for our loved ones. It’s a part of grieving, and it doesn’t have to mean you didn’t do enough. And honestly, if you were a horrible perosn, you’d not even feel this way, because horrible people don’t care.

As DV says, rabbits want security, food, a nice clean living area, affection and companionship. They don’t need to be kissed a lot (not all buns appreciate kisses that much) or even told they are loved all the time. That you gave her a strawberry shows you wanted to make her happy. Rabbits as a rule love strawberries and it’s listed as a bunny safe food.

The vet said there was nothing you could have done, I hope you will be able to accept that.

Binky free, sweet little bun

• Balli
            Participant
            15 posts Send Private Message

Thank you for the replies, makes me feel less alone. I’m glad but saddened to learn this is a normal response.

She was really special, would nudge me for kisses, even gave them back. Will have lots of space to run freely in heaven

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE My little girl is gone