Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A My Fuzzy Kid

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Erbear
      Participant
      155 posts Send Private Message

I just got a bunny!  She’s a japanese harlequin named Radar.  She’s about 2 years old and apparently was on the local tv station as their featured pet.  She’s super outgoing and curious.  I expected her to hide in her cage for the first week that we had her but she was out licking my nose, apparently that’s a fun thing to do, after about  three hours.  I opened the cage door to put some cilantro in there and she came out to greet me. 

My boyfriend just called to tell me that he let her out in her bunny room and she did her first ‘binky’.  I’m guessing that she’s happy not to be at the shelter anymore.  Either way, I have one curious and opinionated bunny. 

11017262434371.jpg

• kralspace
        Participant
        2663 posts Send Private Message

oh wow, how beautiful, she looks a lot like Luey.

I’m glad to hear how outgoing she is, we should start a Divine Miss Diva thread. My lovely Pringles (I always add the ‘lovely’ with tongue in cheek because she can be quite a brat) has that sense of entitlement too! Congratulations on such a great bunny.

• Gravehearted
          Participant
          2428 posts Send Private Message

welcome to Binkybunny Erbear2200 and Radar! 😀

So glad that you rescued her! what a beautiful bunny, I love her carmelly color coat and those very inquisitive ears. I’m so glad she’s not frightened, often bunnies that have been at the shelter for long periods of time are very shy around people because they haven’t been handled enough. It sounds like she is very appreciative that you adopted her. There’s lots of information here in the bunny info section, as well as the forums – but if you have any questions, we’re here for support.

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

Yay! A first binky!

I think you will really enjoy having a rabbit as a companion pet – they are a lot of fun, and it sounds like you have one with quite a personality. One thing to watch out for in the first couple days is sometimes a bunny will pee or poo outside of their litterbox to “claim” their new area. I usually warn people about this just so they don’t think it is bad litterbox habits, and also for that reason for the first few days you wouldn’t want the rabbit cage directly on your carpeting in case your bunny decides to mark the area

Enjoy your new companion & let us know if you have any questions!

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant
              4293 posts Send Private Message

Awe welcome! We’re glad to have you here, she is just adorable! Is she spayed by any chance?

• Sarita
                Participant
                18851 posts Send Private Message

Welcome and she is absolutely stunning! She does sound happy too.

• PocketFaeries
                  Participant
                  81 posts Send Private Message

Lovely (I say that *without* my tongue-in-cheek)!

Her coat matches her personality!

• Erbear
                    Participant
                    155 posts Send Private Message

Thank you all for your replies!  And to answer the question… yes she’s spayed.  Apparently the place I got her from (Minnesota valley humane society) has cuddlers that come in and hold the bunnies every day.  So I got a sheet of info from them saying how nice she is… and opinionated. 

I cleaned her box last night and she was running from where it should be to where I was cleaning it and back then she thumped her foot and left a little pile of rabbit gifts for me in the place where it should be.   I think she may be training me. 

• MooBunnay
                      Participant
                      3087 posts Send Private Message

haha what a good trainer! She has already learned how to use negative repercussions on you, haha. She must be so excited to have a home and litterbox of her own that she wants to make sure no one takes it away

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A My Fuzzy Kid