Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS my bunny and the GREAT maze!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • BuntBun
      Participant
      46 posts Send Private Message

Okay, so i bought the Maze Haven , and my bunny likes hopping through it, but the only problem is that when i make it 2 story, my bunny only goes the 1st story , and won’t go up the holes! (Unless of course, i put my bunny on the 2nd story, but then she wont go down the holes to get to the 1st story! ) I tried picking up my bunny and puting her down the holes, but she never did it again …. Is there a way to make bunny learn to go up and down the holes? Or should i just wait and maybe see if she learns herself?

• bigsis7
        Participant
        732 posts Send Private Message

Put treats by the holes on the level you want her to go to. Just make sure she can only get it by climbing down the hole.

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

Give it time…treats help but their own natural curiosity will do the rest. My guy did not know what to do with the 2 upper levels of his cardboard castle but now…forget it. He is up and down all the time.

• JK
            Participant
            2223 posts Send Private Message

Edson went right up to the top floor with no problem.  Did you make sure the holes from the first and second floors are not lined up together as that would make one 2 story drop! Edson flew off the very top but has not done that again.  Scared me and him!  I’d just be patient.  He’s just being cautious!

• RabbitPam
              11002 posts Send Private Message

Edson goes to the top floor where, of course, he knows he belongs.

1627131661671.jpg

• bunnytowne
                Participant
                7537 posts Send Private Message

I like that pic cute. with his top hat

• JK
                  Participant
                  2223 posts Send Private Message

OMG Rabbitpam! I just saw this!  What a riot!  Thanks so much. If Edson only knew…

• BuntBun
                    Participant

LOL! i love that pic with the top hat! oh and thanks to all those who gave me some ideas!

[script removed]bunny.jpg Bunny image by mbach88

hehe… i found this pretty funny picture!  

• Beka27
                      Participant
                      16016 posts Send Private Message

you could try making the one story and then changing it in a week or two once he gets used to it…

• BinkyBunny
                        8776 posts Send Private Message

missoreobunt – any luck with second story exploration yet?

• BuntBun
                          Participant

yeah now that’s the ONLY place she’ll go. straight up to the top floor, and then she just sits in the corner and does absolutley nothing… either that or tearing up the place by digging and ripping it apart!

• BinkyBunny
                            8776 posts Send Private Message

Yeah, she braved up to the second floor. You can also switch around some of the middle grids to mix it up a bit. Also, if you cut a treat up into tiny little bits and just shove them in the corners, they’ll get into the habit of exploring to look for those little bits of tastyness. But it’s also normal for them to get to their favorite cubby and chill too. All part of bunny happiness!

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS my bunny and the GREAT maze!