Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A moving to california!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • redestarrosa
      Participant
      14 posts Send Private Message

hey, Honeybun and nickles and i are moving to california next month…

nickles is a service dog so he don’t need crate,

Honeybun the rabbit, i read the airport/airline website, i can carry Honeybun into the airiplane cabin with me in a carrier…my mom suggested that i buy a carrier from the airport that way i know i got the kind that is allowed on the airplane… but the problem is that i think we won’t go to airport til the day we leave, and what do i do … i much rather buy a small carrier from petsmart… the sherpa delta airline pet carrier.. according to the website , (it listed many airline that supposely accept the pet carrier incabin), what if it is not true??

im not sure which airline i am going to be riding in.. maybe continental? i don’t know, my aunt is not buying the ticket yet til at the end of next week… i am worried that if i get the carrier and find that i wasted my money on something that is not approved….pet carrier at the airport is 55 dollars! i could find sherpa pet carrier for 35 dollars at petsmart….

i probably need my rabbit health record, and my dog health record right???

and i guess i should call ahead saying that i will have my service dog with me and carry my rabbit onboard in a pet carrier…but first i need to know which airline

any other suggestions and or anything i should do etc that i didn’t think of .. for my bunny and my service hearing dog???

thanks,

Evenstar

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

Congrats on your new move soon.   And Welcome to California!

Moving can sure be stressful!!  So much to do.   We’re in the process of moving, but we are still staying in the same general area, and I’m freaked out about even just that! So much to do, my head is spinning.  So I imagine, you must be going through it even more having to move to a whole nother state.

I have not had to fly with my rabbits, but here are some articles that may help you. (Though some of this stuff you already have a handle on, there may be some extra gems that can help you out. )

Traveling Info
          http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/travel.html#Additional%20Factors%20to%20Cosider
          http://fig.cox.miami.edu/Faculty/Dana/activist.html
          http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/travel.html#What%20To%20Take

Health Certificate Info:

http://www.rabbit.org/chapters/san-diego/health/health-cert.html

In the link above, it states you should check with a vet in the destination location to find out what is required in the health certificate.  SO, here are list of vets in California that was listed on the HRS’s site.
          http://rabbit.org/care/vets.html  (scroll to California for the different areas)

Let us know how it ends up working out, and all the things that you ended up having to do, so that your experience can help others  –  I will definitely will make a permanent note of it as well! 

Has anyone else ever had to travel via air to another state with their rabbits that can offer advice?

• Gravehearted
          Participant
          2428 posts Send Private Message

I believe there are only a few airlines that allow rabbits – so make sure to check the airline’s website prior to booking your ticket.  I know Delta and Continental both allow bunnies at this time

This website has links to most of the airines pet policies: http://www.petfriendlytravel.com/?page=airtravel

By looking at the website for the specific airline, you’ll learn about the dimensions of the carrier you can bring on. They also charge a fee to bring a pet on board and the site can tell you what if any certificates are needed.

But looking at Continental’s site it limits to one pet per person, but since Nickels is a service dog – you might be able to have them make an exception.

Where will you be moving in California? I live in Santa Cruz 🙂

• redestarrosa
            Participant

thank you for the links they were very helpful… i found a few airlines that is rabbit friendly, i hope my aunt picked the right airline…

my friend in oklahoma city, she and her family took in all my other critters and lot of my other stuffs since their son is going to move out of the house when he turn 18…my friend and her husband owns exotic pet business and rescue….

Honeybun is a happier bunny now that Blackjack is gone…. he is more playful, and he is more loving to me, wanting more attention instead of worrying about that other bunny in the cage, and he is pooping less and pooping in places where he is supposed to…he is more like the way he used to be before hormones kicked in both boys…

after i move into my own apt in california, this won’t happen yet til around january… i will look into rabbit santuary and find a female, maybe….

we are moving to Riverside, California

thanks for all the help 😀

Evenstar, Nickles, and Honeybun

• redestarrosa
              Participant

i tried to send pic of the boys, but it didn’t work

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

well it sounds great that you’ll have friends with you, how great they brought out some of your pets and stuff!

to include pics in a post you’ll need to first post in online (I use photobucket – but there are lots of free photo hosting sites)
                  On the binky bunny thread you’ll want to click on “add reply” to get the full toolbar
                  in the toolbar on the leftside, third row you’ll see a little mountain / sunset thingy – click on that and you’ll be able to add in your photos URL.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A moving to california!