Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Miko is worrying me again!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • mikos mom
      Participant
      25 posts Send Private Message

Miko has always loved coming out of his cage he would stay out virtually all day he only went into his cage to sleep & poop.

Now Miko stays in his cage ALL day. His cage door is left open so he has the option to come out but lately he chooses not too. Granted, it’s pretty hot in NYC so maybe the cage is really cool for him?? he’ll come out for a treat but quickly eats it and goes back into his cage.

Any insight?? Thanks as always for your help.

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

How lately is lately? Are we talking over the last few days or the just today? What has been the average temp indoors during this time.

Is he eating normally?

Just to note, if he is not eating, and/or not pooping normally, and/or is lethargic, take your bunny to a rabbit savvy vet.

If it has been reaching 80 degrees and higher in your place, then you will need to cool him down. You can place a damp sheet over his cage with a oscillating fan (never have a fan blowing in one direction directly at him) You can also dampen his ears and face. Check out the more “cooling tips” from the Bunny Info section at the top green bar.

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

Hi there! It sounds like your Miko might be experiencing some heat lethargy. Like BB said, has he been eating pooping O.K.? Do you have a nice cool tile for him to lay on?

• mikos mom
            Participant

he’s popping ok just not eatting as much and not coming out of the cage. i’ve tried wetting a towel and wiping him down with it. he seemed to like it but it didn’t change much. I also put a water bottle in the freezer and put a sock on it and placed it next to him and he didn’t like it to much. he literally pushed it out of his cage. =( i dont know what else to do

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

keep an eye on him. do you have a fan you can have cooling the room like BB said?

• mikos mom
                Participant

i do have a fan but i have it up high because i’m afraid his floppy ears will get caught in it. but i actually have 2 fans on i have a rotating fan on. do you think bringing him up too my room in the air conditioning would help or would it be too much because my air conditioning only stays at 61 degrees and i figured it might be way to cold for him?  i just dont know what to do. i’m thinking maybe if he doesnt change by tomorrow ill bring him to a vet

• Sarita
                  Participant
                  18851 posts Send Private Message

Rabbits can tolerate the cold better than they can tolerate the heat. Can you not turn the temperature up on the a/c?

• mikos mom
                    Participant

for some reason the ac in my room wont go up lol i think i broke it a few years ago. but i wont go higher. maybe ill just bring him up to my room and see what happens maybe it will help a little

• Scarlet_Rose
                      Participant

I think moving his home to your room is the best option considering the heat. By the way, what about a porcelain, stone or ceramic tile? Those will also help keep your rabbit cool.

• mikos mom
                        Participant

ok well i brought miko up to my room and he seems a little better i also put him upstairs where theres more ac and the ceramic tiles are and he’s like back to life lol hopping and binkying around!!! me and miko say thank you guys soo much for your help! lol if i could i’d hug you all for your help!

• BinkyBunny
                          8776 posts Send Private Message

YEAH!!! I am so happy to hear miko is doing better. Keep an eye on him – make sure he is pooping and eating normally.

Keep us updated.

• Beka27
                            Participant
                            16016 posts Send Private Message

oh good!!!

• Scarlet_Rose
                              Participant

Oh what a happy result! I am so happy for you both and things are “back to normal.” We’re only too happy to help!

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Miko is worrying me again!