Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Maxwell acting off

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Susanne
      Participant
      417 posts Send Private Message

Hello, before calling the vet, once again there may be some bunny drama with Max. I’m super paranoid after what happened to Elmer. Today I just started getting a bad feeling with him. He was chewing a lot of wood, but also ate some pellets and a little hay this morning. He pooped just a little, not as much as normal. As the day has gone on he’s not had his normal energy bursts. It’s nothing terrible, but unlike Ruby he usually runs around at some point in the afternoon. I went in his room and he was laying in his litter box.. which he has never done. Should I go get an Xray?

• DanaNM
        8930 posts Send Private Message

Oh Maxwell!

Have you tried a tummy rub and a big pile of wet salad?

He could be a bit gassy or dehydrated. I think if he eats the salad on his own you could observe him for a bit more. But not sure what time zone you are in, if it’s a question of getting him in with his normal vet vs. having to go to the ER later, getting him into the normal vet isn’t a bad idea.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Susanne
          Participant

I was just with them in the basement without a signal.. went ahead and did a bonding and that actually perked him up!  Maybe he wore himself out last night or really early this morning, or maybe he was just starting to feel bad but didn’t last. I do think there was something going on but maybe not. This did make me realize with spending more time than intended with them I forgot his salad!

• LBJ10
            16898 posts Send Private Message

Could he be stressed? Sometimes stress causes gas or other GI issues.

• Susanne
              Participant

Hmm well he is ok now, but your question did trigger a memory that he ran under my feet this morning when I brought up his banana.. it’s happened many times and just a small accidental nudge with my foot, haha, but maybe that did scare him. He didn’t finish the banana until I brought it over to him which was weird.

It’s hard to know what throws them off but I’m happy he is ok now!

• LBJ10
                16898 posts Send Private Message

That’s good! Yeah, they can be weird. Some bunnies are just prone to gas troubles and the strangest things can set them off.

• DanaNM
                  8930 posts Send Private Message

Glad he’s perked up!
                    And I agree, stress was my thought too (and that maybe stress had triggered some gas or grumpiness).

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Susanne
                    Participant

Thanks for the quick responses! It was an odd hour where the vet was about to close and the ER is 2 hours away so I was worried about him getting bad before morning.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Maxwell acting off