Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Lonely Mommy

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • sarah bowden
      Participant
      85 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone, I haven’t been on in a while. Taking care of a bunny family as well as my own is a lot of work!

Happily the 2 babies have been adopted and their new family is coming to pick the girls up tonight. I was watching them today though and I am really worried about the mommy. I think she is going to be majorly bummed when her babies are gone. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to make her feel better. I plan to clean the pen out really well and give her a new blanket and a little stuffed animal. But I would love to hear any other suggestions and other people’s experiences with this.

• skunklionshow
        Participant
        1257 posts Send Private Message

I really hate to say this…but animals do not have the same connections to their babies that humans do.  I remember studying this in neuro, something about their brains not being comprable to humans in memory, emotional memories, and bonding.  Animals are much more instinct & behavior over emotion.  W/ this in mind…I still insist that my cat Phoebe has an incrediable bond w/ her baby, Wolfgang.  He’s about 8 yrs old, but they still have this very mommy/baby relationship. 

I think its harder on humans b/c we associate a bond b/t mommy & baby.  Part of the problem is that there is so much psychology in the mix…fortunately or unfortunately for animals there is a lot less psychology.  I hope this made sense…I could probably explain it all in psych terms but that’s so confusing.  I think you will have more of an issue that the bio mom….Best wishes to you all!

• Gravehearted
          Participant
          2428 posts Send Private Message

I think the blankie and stuffed animal are a good idea along with lots of love from you 🙂

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

I definitely agree with giving her lots of love and attention! Sometimes bunnies can get depressed if they lose their bonded mate, so keep an eye out to make sure that she is eating a pooping normally, and doesn’t seem too sad. Does Mommy have a bonded mate? If she’s all alone maybe you could somehow place her so that she could see your bunnies so she doesn’t feel all alone.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Lonely Mommy