Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Little Pand 20.5.20

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Panditzer
      Participant
      3 posts Send Private Message

Well, here we are again… After being unwell the past 2 weeks, being diagnosed finally and unfortunately with an enlarged heart and a leaking heart valve (racking up on over 3k of bills), improving in the last couple of days being on her heart medication and only just coming home from a checkup to get the all clear my beloved Pand (7 year old) has passed away just a couple of hours ago from what I presume to have been a heart attack barely giving me time to scoop her up before realising there was nothing I could do as she was unresponsive and had already started agonal breathing before quickly passing.

I hope she wasnt hurting…

She has gone to be with her sister who we lost not even 2 years ago from gut stasis (euthanised) and my previous 2 year old who I lost from complications of gut stasis and cardiac arrest (rushed into emergency high risk surgery).

Im now bunnyless, extremely depressed (ive been diagnosed in the past with clinical depression and beyond devasted as I had the hope because she was not in active heart failure that she would have more time before her heart would give out, paired with her improving condition but life/death is ******* unfair and cruel to no end.

I still feel I did not do enough, could of picked up on all of this earlier and just all round like an utter failure as I had promised her sister I would look after her and I just couldnt fix her, otherwise I would of…

• Bam
        16836 posts Send Private Message

Pand was beautiful!

I’m so sorry you lost her. It’s so hard. I think you did all you could possibly have done. We cant have our rabbits checked for every possible ailment unless they’re showing symptoms. As we all know, rabbits hide illness extremely well. As soon as you knew something was up, you acted. I’m sorry the meds didnt give her more time.

Binky free  sweet little Pand 🌿

• DanaNM
          8901 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry 🙁  Pand was a beauty, I love her eyelashes <3

Please don’t beat yourself up at all, I ditto everything Bam said. It’s an unfortunate fact that rabbits are not bred for their long term health, did not evolve to live long lives, and rabbit medicine lags far behind that of animals like dogs. It sounds like you have had a rough go of it but it’s clear you gave your rabbits excellent care and did everything you could based on what you knew at the time.

Not sure what opportunities are available in your area, but I lost my Bertha in December and was able to foster some little shelter bunnies right after that really helped me get through it. I was not ready to think about adopting at that time, but having the little fosters to focus on was really helpful.

(((Binky free Pand)))

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• theo_ct
            Participant
            24 posts Send Private Message

What a beautiful bunny, im sorry to hear of your loss. I lost one of my buns also to high risk surgery for stasis and cardiac arrest.. it was very hard to deal with, but over time it is starting to heal. Sending you lots of support and strength

• HipHopBunny
              Participant
              640 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry for you! 😥 She was obviously very loved and well cared for, but don’t blame yourself, horrible things can happen that are not your fault. We all do need time to grieve and have a few good cries, but certainly don’t grieve forever! Honor her spirit and all that she taught you, remember her fondly, not with a feeling of it being your fault. Remember the good times you had with her, and know that she wants you to be happy. She doesn’t want to look down and see you unhappy, she wants to see you smile.

I think DanaNM is right, fostering a bunny could be a very good thing to help get over this. You sound like a great person, doing all that you could for your bunnies to the end. 🙂 Maybe one day you can adopt again.

Smile 🙂 laugh 🙂 Be happy 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Little Pand 20.5.20