Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING litter box

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • lopsters
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

hi! i have a 4yo mini lop. i am in process of introducing him to a baby lop at the rescue.  once they are in my home together, how have other rabbits taken to a shared litter box.  I have purchased a 30 x24 inch box.  I was going to wait until the new one was in home to change boxes?  same place for Jameson -the 4yo (and i’ll add his poop for familiarity).

suggestions?   Jameson is a house rabbit and Jovie the baby will also be a house rabbit

• Wick & Fable
        5782 posts Send Private Message

Can you provide some clarification on the situation? It’s a bit unclear, unsure due to typos or something.

So you have a 4yo mini lop and you’d like to introduce a younger rabbit?

Properly bonded rabbits should have a large litterbox for them to share, however, it sounds like your situation is you have an adult rabbit (presumably fixed?) and a new younger rabbit (presumably not fixed). This is problematic, as baby bonds are not the same as a proper bond. The bond between an adult, fixed rabbit and a young, intact rabbit is very unstable and subject to dissolve suddenly and unfortunately sometimes very dangerously due to the young rabbit’s hormones. I recommend housing them separately until both are spayed/neutered, at least 1mo post-op, then you can begin the formal bonding process, as outlined here: https://binkybunny.com/infocategory/bonding/

For information on the dangers of a baby bond, see here: https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Bonding_FAQ#My_two_bunnies_used_to_be_happily_bonded,_but_now_they_are_constantly_fighting._What_happened?

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING litter box