Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Just Joined

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Plumped Cuddly Bunnies
      Blocked
      103 posts Send Private Message

Hi I’m new to this forum.

I rescued some bunnies which I hope to free roam around the house someday but right now I can’t put them together because they fight and none of them are fixed. I plan on getting them all fixed once I find a vet that is cheap. They all appear to be healthy. I did have to treat one of them because she was kept in very bad conditions and she had a flesh wound which is now healing other than that they are all eating and drinking water doing zoomies and binkies. I really want to get them bounded asap and free roam them until them I’m just bringing one out at a time for exorcise. I’ve made there enclosures as big as I can for the time being.

• Bam
        16877 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to the forums! Thank you for rescuing these rabbits!

You are correct, in order for them to be bonded, they should be de-sexed. Males are as a rule cheaper to neuter than females, so you could perhaps start with the male/s, if you have male/s. Keep in mind though that a male bun can have viable sperm for up to 4-5 weeks, so its not safe to let a neutered buck interact with an unspayed female until this time has passed.

We have a bonding forum section where we’d be happy to try and help you through the bonding process, but you can’t bond intact males. They’ll be friends one minute and try to kill each other the next, and they can hurt each other really bad. It’s very good that you’re keeping them separate. Chances of successful bonding is way greater if the rabbits haven’t been in any really vad fight.

How old do you think they are?

• LBJ10
          16908 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for rescuing these bunnies. Bam makes a good suggestion. It may been less expensive to have the boys done first. Of course, everyone will eventually need to be spayed/neutered before you can successfully bond them.

• Plumped Cuddly Bunnies
            Blocked
            103 posts Send Private Message

Unfortunately its to late, the females are already to far in there pregnancy but the male will be getting neutered this coming Wednesday but that still leaves me with two pregnant females. I’ve bit off more than I can chew. I love these rabbits and regardless what happens all 3 have a forever home with me but the babies on the other hand will need to be re-homed once they are old enough – 8 weeks I believe. I can keep two of the babies but no more than that because I don’t have the space to keep them all.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Just Joined