Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE In memory of my beautiful girl Bambi

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bambi munchkin
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

January 15 2023 my soulmate and best friend tragically passed away I did everything to save her but I still lost her… she was my emotional support animal and now without her it’s like the anxiety and broken heart is all I have. I feel empty I don’t think I’ve ever cried this much ever. Every single day I’ve spent with her, and every single memory I have with her I will cherish for the rest of eternity. I know a lot of people don’t understand why I’m so attached to this rabbit, but she was honestly my only friend and even if she didn’t speak she was always there for me. Sometimes I would sit on the floor of my appartment and cry and she would could running to me get on my lap and start licking off my tears, when I couldn’t sleep she would get on my bed lay on my stomach knowing feeling her breath calmed me. She would chew on my lashes to wake me up and now I have to wipe my own tears, take sleeping pills and put alarms to wake me up. I miss her more than anything that bunny has my my whole heart. Such simple things she would do affected me so much more than anything anybody has ever done for me. I remember one I was eating carrots and she came charging at me hangry and I put the the rest of the carrot in my mouth and she put her head in my mouth 🤣 I would do anything for her to chew on my wires again or destroy the frames on the walls. I know I’ve been ranting but now that I don’t have her I have nobody to talk to about stuff like this so idk. I was okay not having friends when I knew I had her but now I feel more alone than anything. I’ve never felt this disgusting and sad in my life. I wake up every morning waiting for her to come snuggle with me in bed and when she doesn’t that feeling comes back all over again.
        i miss you bunny 💕

• Bam
        16876 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry you lost your girl Bambi.

I’m happy you and she formed such a beautiful friendship. Its not a given, it requires quite an effort. When we learn to communicate with a rabbit, we grow as humans.

You’re so very welcome to “rant” here. It’s what this forum section is all about -it’s a place where we are free to express our love and gratitude.

I hope some day another bun will get to benefit from all the love you’re clearly capable of

Binky free, sweet Bambi.

• DanaNM
          8935 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss. 🙁

Don’t worry about ranting! We totally get it. It can be very hard for non-bunny people to understand what it’s like to loose a bunny. She was a lucky bunny to have you, and you were lucky to have her. <3

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Ellie from The Netherlands
            Participant
            2512 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss… It’s really rare to have such a deep bond with a bun, you did so many things together.

People don’t expect this indeed, if I hear “it’s just a rabbit” one more time, I may start to whack people on the head. Rabbits are definitely capable of deep emotional bonds, as long as you’re kind and caring.

It sounds like you gave her your everything, and she did the same for you. Binky free, sweet Bambi…

• Meg
              Participant
              560 posts Send Private Message

I’m so, so sorry!  I’m amazed at the bond you two had.  She sounds like an incredible bunny, and she took such great care of you.  You must be a special person for her to trust you like that.  I’m really sorry that you’re feeling so alone, and hope that you can find within yourself the part of you that can still feel connected to her on some level, and find some peace there at least some of the time.  And I do hope that you can give other bunnies or other animal friends your love once you are ready.  Love and hugs to you!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE In memory of my beautiful girl Bambi