Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE In Memory of Elmer

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Susanne
      Participant
      417 posts Send Private Message

It’s taken me over 2 months, but I wanted to make a post for Elmer. He was my first bun, and I felt a connection to him right away. I had never really loved a pet so much, so I called him my soul mate bunny, haha. I knew next to nothing about rabbit care, but I could only bear to keep in in a cage overnight for the first night and after that he got a whole bedroom (later my entire condo 🙂 ) Then I did obsessive research to give him the best life. I went through about 15 brands/ types of hay to make sure he had the best food. He went from barely eating hay to being in the box eating it 6+ hours a day.. happily munching.  After a couple months and re-homing my cat to a good friend, I decided I should get him a friend. It was a lot to figure out the right process and find him the right bunny, but eventually we got Ruby home and everything fell into place. He was a very happy bun! He loved his timothy hay stick treat, his chew sticks and would let me pet him as long as I wanted. He wasn’t a cuddle bun but loved to sit near me or be pet,  was always purring so I know he loved me too. Him and Ruby were always exploring together, taking turns doing zoomies and he did binkys every day.

I hope he didn’t suffer so much to negate all of the happy days he had in his short time with me. I had him a year and a half when he got stasis/ blockage that ended with a cascade of problems that he could not overcome. He almost made it though.. had a procedure, but over 12 hours later his body basically shut down and he went into shock. I will always wonder if I made the right choice, since he had to go through all that without me and even with strong pain killers probably suffered a lot.  And of course the pain before I got him to the ER. It was so sad not to be able to go visit him in the hospital and let him know he wasn’t abandoned in a strange place.

Binky free Elmer, I will never forget you.

Here are some pictures. In the carrier on a long drive after leaving him with someone that tried to bond him (he was gone a week), I think he was so relieved to be with me he slept in the carrier. Him and Ruby were already so relaxed together. Another favorite pic was about the third date with Ruby he did the Super Man and I knew they would be quick friends 🙂

• KaterH
        Participant
        31 posts Send Private Message

Sounds like Ruby and Elmer were great friends and also are/were very loved. You could only do the best you knew how, and it’s amazing you have such good memories of the time you had with Elmer 🙂

• DanaNM
          8930 posts Send Private Message

What a beautiful tribute to a special bun <3

It must have been so hard not being there with him, but you did well by him.

(((Binky free Elmer)))

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Bam
            16871 posts Send Private Message

Elmer was so lucky to get you and Ruby!

I’m very sorry you lost him.

It’s very hard to write that Rainbow Bridge post.

• Cassie119300
              Participant
              100 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for the loss of your Elmer, I can definitely relate as I lost my bun (Milo) towards the end of October after almost 7 years. Your guy reminds me of him a little. What wonderful memories and a special connection you two had made though, and those memories will be something to cherish forever. I’m not sure when it gets easier, there are still days where I break down but to have been loved and cared for so deeply is is the most precious thing you gave to Elmer and soulmate bunny, I felt that same way with my Milo, that is the most special gift and I can totally relate. I would look at Milo and he would look at me and come right over and sleep near my feet almost all day, Milo had too much going on, he recovered from the stasis… but not the illnesses, it was an absolute shock to my system . You did everything you could for him and you gave him all the love and care any bunny could ask for.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE In Memory of Elmer