Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE I’m heartbroken, my baby passed.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • Corinned96
      Participant
      7 posts Send Private Message

My sweet boy passed over – im broken!

Sorry for the post, I know you all understand.
        I took my boy lola too the vets yesterday as he wasn’t eating, drinking nor pooping, they said he had an abscess (didn’t look related too teeth) & couldn’t put weight on his front leg (she also thought pain related), gave him injection too stimulate poop, antibiotic & pain injection.. this morning he went back in, they said the abcess had gone down she couldn’t really feel it & he looked better. I had too rush him too the emergency vets tonight, she checked him, all was good but he was obviously in pain with GI stasis, she went too get the pain relief, she was gone out the room about 1 1/2 minutes at this point I was cuddling him, she seemed fidgety so I put him on the table *his box was in the table too*, he crawled into his box.. started jumping round, let out a wee & small poo fell on his side & starting what looked like fitting.. I shouted the receptionist too get the vet quick, at which point his mouth was wide open laid on his side, the nurse ran in and whisked him away, by the time they got him out the back he was gone. They tried CPR but nothing. The emergency vet said with him passing that fast she thinks it was a clot too the brain. I’m so heartbroken I’ve cried since 9pm it’s now 02:18am uk – he leaves behind his soul mate daisy & his little of 3 (all now grown up). I miss him so much already, grief has hit me so bad. I just keep thinking what if I got him there sooner. I so broken, my crying is like a river. Fly high my sweet baby!

• RabbitPam
        11002 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry to read this. It won’t mean much now, but it helps that you were with him right at the end. He had your love and comforting presence when he needed you. Our bunnies are so delicate. My condolences.

• Bam
          16836 posts Send Private Message

I’m very sorry you lost Iola. Rabbits are tiny beings with big personalities, and we miss them so when they leave us.

If he passed from a blod clot, as the vet thinks, it wouldn’t have made a difference if you’d brought him in sooner. When we lose someone that’s in our care, we feel guilt, but that doesn’t mean we have reason to.

Binky free, Iola 💔

• Wick & Fable
            5770 posts Send Private Message

He is flying well high with all the support you gave him during his life with you. Getting there sooner likely would not have made a difference, so I hope you can hold on to the sadness of the passing and happiness you had with him, without feeling guilt of doing something wrong — because you didn’t.

Binky free Iola.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Corinned96
              Participant

Thank you all, got a huge headache & you’ve all set me off crying again with your beautiful replies. His soulmate daisy is at a loss. Good thing is she is eating, drinking & pooping. I’ve put 2 teddy bears in with her. She does go in a kitted out, outdoor shed through the day (they all do) but I just couldn’t do it today so she is in the house in her big pen getting snuggled every hour or so. We started the attempt at bonding her with her & lolas babies ( they are all grown up now too, nearly 1 year). She was the Bully in the situation and the other 3 *2 males (neutered), 1 female* were submissive too her, which is a good sign. I didn’t bring his body home as I just couldn’t see him again after watching my boy pass in such a way! I now feel guilt for that too as I have read that she should have spent time with him, he is being cremated.. my boy will be back where he belongs. Few questions on the re bonding.. what do I look out for, am I doing it too quick *read that it’s best too start quickly*, does she hate me for not being able too sat goodbye? She is just a small netherland dwarf.

Thank you all once again! Made a huge difference. Xxx

• DanaNM
                8901 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss. 🙁 It is so so traumatic to have a bunny pass in front of you like that (I’ve experienced it twice, it’s horrible). It is not uncommon for a bunny to appear to seize at the end. 🙁

I’m glad to hear that Daisy is eating and pooping, don’t beat yourself up for not bringing Lola home. Since she was around him when he was sick, it’s very possible she knew that he was very ill and already said her goodbyes. Having other bunnies as neighbors will help her, even if you aren’t feeling ready to re-bond or don’t feel it is the right move. If Daisy seems open to having a new friend, then you can go ahead and try to bond, there isn’t really 1 answer on when the best time is. Some bunnies seem to accept a new bond-mate right away, others take more time. As long as she’s eating and pooping OK, there isn’t a need to rush it, you can proceed as you feel ready to.

Again I’m so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and nose rubs to Daisy. <3

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Corinned96
                  Participant

thank you so much for replying, I was really worried why I saw the fur flying, but I read this is normal part of bonding? The other rabbits don’t fight back, they just tent too try get out of the way! Thanks again for the kind replies. Xx

• DanaNM

I don’t really tolerate a lot of fur pulling, but people vary in what they allow. It’s very important to prevent fighting though, so if you aren’t sure what that looks like I would interrupt. Have you bonded before?  You might review the info here if you haven’t: https://binkybunny.com/infocategory/bonding/

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Corinned96
                      Participant

Yes, bonded before. The most amazing thing has happened..  they are eating together, no fur pulling anymore still bowing heads & no one is giving in too groom the other. But this is amazing hopefully. I tried adding a photo but it said I wasn’t allowed. This is a good sign though, hopefully? X

• Corinned96
                        Participant

Oh my gosh, I’m sorry too post again but my 2 females are actually snuggling after some mounting & chasing… they are snuggling!! I’m so happy for daisy too find her place into another bond. I’m crying but this time is happy tears because my girl has new bond, im still so very sad because my boy isn’t here, I know it’ll take time but grieve is a horrible feeling. 🥰🥰

• DanaNM

Awww I’m very happy to read this! You can all comfort each other <3

• delilah2021
                            Participant
                            2 posts Send Private Message

I feel your pain. My heart is broken too. I lost my little angel yesterday, she choked on her pellets and I didn’t know how to help her. I tried but nothing worked. My heart is broken.😢  Buns are such little angels. So lovable!! I am so sorry for your loss too. 😢

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE I’m heartbroken, my baby passed.