Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RESCUE EFFORTS FOR SHELTERS i started a bunny rescue

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • fredricks owner
      Participant
      23 posts Send Private Message

hello!! so i have recently decided to start a small bunny rescue, because i’ve been hearing about so many bunnies that get abandoned around me. i’ve started a facebook page for it, and i was wondering if anyone in here was in the illinois area. i came here to help spread the word, i currently have 6 bunnies available for adoption and i’m not sure how else to spread the word. i’ve made some flyers and put them up around and i’m thinking about contacting my local vet. so for anyone who sees this, even if you don’t live in illinois or even the united states, could you please like and share my page to help spread the word?? anything counts!!! i have pictures of almost all of my adoptable bunnies on there and info about the adopting and drop offs (which are horrid. i’ve already got one!!). here’s the link: http://www.facebook.com/homesforhops/ please help my bunnies find homes!!!

• jerseygirl
        22338 posts Send Private Message

I just took a look at the gorgeous rabbits you have available. <3 Wishing you all the best in getting them great homes.

The only FB page I can think of at the moment that might get you known more is http://www.facebook.com/RabbitRescueNetwork/
          You could contact your local HRS chapter also and see if they will list you as a local rescue.
          There is also petfinder and petharbor where rescue animals can be listed.

• fredricks owner
          Participant
          23 posts Send Private Message

thank you so much!! i hope i can find them great homes too! ❤️

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

I commend your efforts! I would love to be able to help out the local bunny community.. I would love to foster buns because our local shelter is absolutely packed, the coordinator said they have around 100 bunnies between the shelter and foster homes. Unfortunately, living in an apartment with two buns of my own, I simply don’t have the resources to do it! I wanted to volunteer at the shelter, Gainesville Rabbit Rescue, but I didn’t realize that it was not actually located in Gainesville, and since my husband and I only have the one car, transportation got in the way of that opportunity. Good luck on finding these furry friends a forever home to binky free!

• simbabunny
              Participant
              15 posts Send Private Message

That’s so cool! There are so many bunnies that get abandoned, it is awesome that you are helping! Good luck finding the buns new homes!

• SeeShmemilyPlay
                Participant
                201 posts Send Private Message

I used to run a medium-sized rabbit rescue, please feel free to message me any questions!
                  It can be overwhelming, but the two biggest things that helped me were: working with pet stores, both local and corporate (PetSmart) to advertise and do adoption events, and FOSTERS. Fosters help spread the word and keep you sane so you don’t have a bunch of unbonded buns in one house. Fosters were by far my best (free!) advertisers.
                  Good luck and good job!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RESCUE EFFORTS FOR SHELTERS i started a bunny rescue