Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE How to over come rabbits death if it was you fault?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Vtapia
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

my pet bunny recently passed away, I believe it was my fault because I was very negligent and left him out on a hot day. He had a heat stroke, when I came out he was having convulsions. I freaked out and started crying and called for my mom to come help, even thought she came right away, I believe that if I hadn’t freaked out I could of grabbed him immediately and perform CPR to revive him. My mom tried every thing she could but he died moments later. I never thought that a pets death will make me so sad but I’ve been depressed especially because it was my fault he suffered a slow painful death. I’ve read in other forums that pet owners can feel their pets presence after they die or that their pets come visit in dreams, but I haven’t experienced that, which could mean that my pet is mad because he knows I caused his death. Has anyone had a similar experience?

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

I’m very sorry for your loss. That is a very horrible thing to have to experience. 🙁

I think the only thing you can do in a situation like that is learn from mistakes and do better in the future. I know I made mistakes with my first bunny, and try to get better and better with the care of bunnies since then. I still feel guilty about the care I gave my bunnies as a teenager, and now as an adult I try to make up for it by helping other bunnies. In that way I think we can honor the memory of our pets that have passed and make sure not to repeat the same mistakes.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Bam
          16878 posts Send Private Message

I’m very sorry your rabbit passed away. It is very difficult to deal with guilt. As Dana says, what we can do is focus on doing better in the future. Sometimes we learn things the hard way, and sometimes we cause others to suffer even if we didnt mean to.

I dont think giving your bun CPR would’ve changed anything, so at least don’t feel guilty about that.

• Azerane
            4688 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry for your loss. I’ve been through this, it’s really hard. Of course you are going to feel guilty, but take it as a learning experience and know that you will do better next time. We all make mistakes, and of course our animals shouldn’t have to pay for those mistakes but sometimes accidents happen.

I found that it wasn’t until I adopted more rabbits that I was able to fully get over it. It didn’t happen overnight, but taking care of them helped me to heal. Having said that it did take me about 5 months to be ready to bring a new rabbit into my life.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE How to over come rabbits death if it was you fault?