Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE How often is a rabbit supposed to poo

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Jadeo09
      Participant
      83 posts Send Private Message

Hi
        <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>It seems like a crazy question to be asking after 10 years of having my rabbit Boo. But as she never had any issues pooing before I never paid attention to what hours of the day she’s meant to poo.</p>
        Her last poo is at 7am her next poo is at 7pm. I’m assuming this isn’t normal.

I would love some impit as to what your rabbits habits are to get a general idea of what to expect

Thanks again

Jade

• Bam
        16871 posts Send Private Message

Adult rabbits normally rest during the day. They mostly poop during their active hours. How does the poop look when she does poop?

• DanaNM
          8930 posts Send Private Message

Does this seem like a change, or has it always been like this? My buns do tend to sleep all day, but they prob do visit their box at least once during the day.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Jadeo09
            Participant

It’s great to know that Bam and Dana.

Yes boo has always slept during the day and generally only used her litter tray after I have emptied it around 5

Her poos had been great until we took her off the domperidone and we have struggled since to keep her moving again. Her poos are irregular and some are elongated again. Shes doing 5-10 poos at a time rather than her usual 20-50 each time. Also under 200 a day

Im going to contact the vets today. Maybe they will increase her dosage for a few days  or change over to metaclopramide. (she bloated on cisapride)

As she’s on 1.5mls twice a day (she’s 2.7kg) I believe she can go up to 2. 7mls a day if needed.

• Bam

I have only used metoclopramide of the motility drugs you mention. It worked very well for my rabbit.

• Jadeo09
                Participant

Hi Bam

Thanks for that. Boo was given that originally by the local vet who wasn’t an exotic vet. The exotic vet put her on it after her dental and then Molly Varga prescribed me more of it. If there is no improvement on the domperidone I can always ask for metaclopromide. Shes had it once before when she had gas and diarrhoea as a baby and coped well on it.

• Bam

I doubt there is a better rabbit vet in the world than Molly Varga. I’m in total awe!

• Jadeo09
                    Participant

I’m so lucky to live within driving distance!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE How often is a rabbit supposed to poo