Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A how long is neutered bunny “live”?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • kralspace
      Participant
      2663 posts Send Private Message

Sorry, couldn’t figure out how to phrase it…lol. My foster, Toby was neutered exactly 2 weeks ago and healed quickly, within 3 days he was all over the place again. The vet said to keep him isolated for 2-5 weeks (which is a long time span) because he could still get the lovely Pringles pregnant. How long do you guys keep the boys and girls separated after surgery?

thanks, Kathy

• Gravehearted
        Participant
        2428 posts Send Private Message

Hi Kathy,

I’d recommend waiting at least a month.

• MooBunnay
          Participant
          3087 posts Send Private Message

HAHAHHA “live” little boy Thats pretty funny. As Gravehearted said, I have also heard that one month is how long boy’s are still “live” and also, I have heard to be aware that boy buns can get girl buns pregnant through the wire on a cage (persistent little things…) so be careful of that as well if they are side by side with just one cage wall between them!

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

I seem to recall the term “wrigglies” recently too. *giggle* Sorry I couldn’t help it, it’s been a long day at work. I also recommend waiting a month. Be watchful for escape-type behavior too.

• Gravehearted
              Participant
              2428 posts Send Private Message

so true, where there’s a boy bunnys hormones, there’s a way… lol

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

Oh yes, I’ve seen them break out of a secure carrier before. It was amazing how the little bugger got out, but luckily the Sheila he had his eyes on was fixed for one and also in a locked cage. And just for interest, they ended up being a very cute bonded pair after he was fixed and non-potent. The shelter manager decided heck, if he wanted her that much she was going to go ahead and let them give it a go with bonding. LOL Old Romeo couldn’t help himself.

• kralspace
                  Participant

Well, the inmates are running the asylum now. I got up last Sunday morning and sometime during the night Toby and the lovely Pringles managed to get the fence down and were loving it up behind the wood stove. sigh, maybe the wigglies won’t wiggle

I hope I won’t be asking for assistance with baby bunnies too!

• MooBunnay
                    Participant
                    3087 posts Send Private Message

Hi! It sounds like its been over a month now that Toby has been neutered right? So I don’t think you need to worry about Pringles being a mom. Thats so funny, your bunny daughter is running around with the “bad boy” foster…did you ever watch the OC? Its like Marisa and Ryan (explanation if you haven’t watched the OC – Marisa was like the rich girl wild child, and Ryan was the poor boy from the wrong side of the tracks )

• kralspace
                      Participant

That is so funny, Moo Bunny. I don’t watch the OC, but Toby is definitly the Bad Boy. It’s turning out to be 3’s Company…lol.

My every so shy dutch, Daisy (yes, I’m gender deficient when it comes to naming, Daisy turned out to be a neutered male.) was lounging on the top floor of the condo when Toby came exploring. I thought Daisy would run and hide, but he kicked Toby’s fuzzy butt down all 4 floors and threw him out the door. Funniest thing I’ve ever seen. Toby ran for the living room and his house and Daisy stood guard at the condo door for an hour. Even how, he keeps a watchful eye out and if Toby comes close to the condo, Daisy moves to the lower floor so he can watch the door. He never leaves the condo, hasn’t since I built it 3 months ago.

The lovely hussy Pringles moves between the 2 areas taking advantage of both guys. Toby will go explore the house with Pringles, run and play and then she can go home to the condo and Daisy, the perfect house husbun. Pringle gets a lot of grooming, each guy seems to be determined to lick away any trace of the other. It’s just like a soap opera every night.

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                        Participant
                        2517 posts Send Private Message

Cutest soap opera ever.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A how long is neutered bunny “live”?