Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Hi there…New with questions…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Thumpers_Mom
      Participant
      171 posts Send Private Message

As my name suggests, I’m Thumper’s mom…he is a 1 yr old otter coloured Nethereland Dwarf with a spunky yet affectionate attitude. My little man got snipped today.   He has started moving around and eating. He also pooped normally but hasn’t wanted to drink water at all. I think he attempted to pee twice but he hasn’t been able to. Is this normal? I am keeping an eye on him but want to know if this is normal or not. Thx in advance for your help.   I look forward to getting to know you all!

• Floppy
        Participant
        490 posts Send Private Message

The first 24 hours is always the most nerve wrecking…

at least he is eating but if he isnt drinking tomorrow, id suggest you

get immediate vet care, since rabbits can go a day without eating

but water is very important! goodluck! Floppy just got neutered also

so I know how you feel!

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
          Participant
          2517 posts Send Private Message

Are you offering water out of a bottle or a dish? You might want to put some in a small dish or bowl to make it easy to access and easy for him to drink more at once.

• Thumpers_Mom
            Participant

Right after my post I started to offer him some diluted apple juice in a dish and he drank a little. This afternoon he started to drink water out of his bottle. YAY…he is doing much better but his poops are still smaller than usual. Not as small as before though.

• MooBunnay
              Participant
              3087 posts Send Private Message

Hello & Welcome Thumper’s Mom!
                I’m glad to hear that Thumper is now recovering well from his neuter. It’s pretty normal for a bunny to have 1-2 days of inconsistent eating and poops right after surgery, but as long as there is at least a LITTLE bit of food and water going in and coming out, then your bunny is on the road to recovery. I keep an eye dropper in my rabbit medicine kit just in case my bunnies are ever having trouble drinking water, this can be used to just get a couple eye droppers full into their mouth if you are ever concerned they are not eating as much as they should.
                Where is Thumper from? Is he a recent addition to the family? He’s very cute. I have a tan colored netherland dwarf, and think they are so sweet

• Thumpers_Mom
                Participant

Hi MooBunnay! Thx for the welcome. He is definitely eating and drinking water now but I am going to go get a dropper to keep on hand.

I got Thumper from a shelter 2 weeks ago. He is my first bun and my two boys are thrilled with him. He has a lot of personality and fits in perfectly with us.  How long have you had your Nethie?

• Gravehearted
                  Participant
                  2428 posts Send Private Message

hi Thumpers Mom, welcome! I’m so glad to hear that he’s started to drink and eat on his own. It’s always worrisome after a surgery to get their system jump started and working again. I like to keep clear pedialyte in the house in case of bunny dehydration (it’s often is a problem when they’re not eating).

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Hi there…New with questions…