Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Henri doesn’t jump?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • angoralvr
      Participant
      500 posts Send Private Message

Ok, so Henri is eight months old now. He is getting along great in my house, he gets out time every day and he now has a brand new enclosure so he has half the living room all the time. I was wondering though, as I have watched him jump around the house, I noticed that he does not really jump up on things at all. I know that many of you have talked about how your bunnies jump up onto the couch and bed and stuff. Henri will jump off the couch at the end of a grooming or petting session but he has never tried to jump up onto anything. Is this wierd or do some rabbits just not climb on stuff as much?

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

he will probably figure it out.  it took Stephen a long time to figure out he could jump onto the couch.  in my mind, you have to remember that the couch is this big huge thing to a little bunny.  Meadow actually tried to jump on the couch yesterday, but our couches are pretty high and plush… so she got half way up and then slipped off.  i guess she’ll have it within a week or two.

• Toki+Pumpkin+Elmo
          Participant
          319 posts Send Private Message

Toki was just like Henri. But when i brought Pumpkin home, after seeing Pumpkin jumping up and down the stuff Toki finally figured it out. He’s still little hesitant when jumping though.

• Gravehearted
            Participant
            2428 posts Send Private Message

I think all bunnies have different personalities, some are climbing all over everything and other prefer to be on the ground 🙂 I don’t think it’s weird that he’s not jumping on stuff.

it seems like they also go through phases like they’re super into jumping on the couch and then they get over it!

• kralspace
              Participant
              2663 posts Send Private Message

Don’t worry, Henri will catch on someday. My lovely Pringles was a jumper from the start, as long as there was a rug to launch from, she could pretty well make it. The good part about that is if I don’t want her somewhere I move the rugs so she can’t get a good takeoff from the wood floors.

My foster, Toby, and Daisy both came from situations where they had spent their lives in little cages and it took weeks for them to even move outside of those dimensions they grew up with, even though they had lots of room now. They didn’t even know they could stretch their legs and run, the first time they discovered that was a hoot to watch! Toby will startle into a sprint and stop, sit up and look around like “wow!”.

For Toby and Daisy I had to start out stacking the couch cushions on the floor so they could learn to navigate up. In the condo, Pringles will bounce from floor to floor, but Daisy likes to cautiously hop onto the boxes I put as a halfway step for her.

Maybe you could coax Henri onto low things with treats so he gets the idea. Or borrow one of my cats, I think Pringles learned her leaping from them.

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

so yesterday Meadow could not get on the couch.  today she figured it out.  i was petting her on the floor, then i laid down on the couch to watch a tv show… well, i guess she wasn’t quite finished with petting time!  all of a sudden she lands on my stomach!  (scared me half to death, but i fortunately was able to keep my wits about me… lol)  i’m sure he’ll figure it out soon enough.  does he try to get up and he just can’t?

• BinkyBunny
                  8776 posts Send Private Message

Can Henri even see anything through all that beautiful hair? Maybe that is what’s causing him to feel a bit cautious. But if not, he either will figure it out soon enough, or he’s one of those bunnies that’s afraid of heights. Like my Jack – it took him two years to get brave enough to jump on the couch.

• angoralvr
                    Participant
                    500 posts Send Private Message

lol binkybunny, sometimes I wonder that myself. I trimmed the hair that is over his eyes some though so that he can see better.

I have noticed that in the last few days he is getting much more adventurous. This morning he ejected Nemo from a bed I made for them out of a wicker basket that I cushioned. Nemo was asleep in it and I guess Henri decided he wanted to take a nap too. He scared Nemo pretty good and then proceeded to flop on his side in the basket. It was too cute! I wish I had grabbed my camera.

• Thumpers_Mom
                      Participant
                      171 posts Send Private Message

Hahahaha…I think it just takes time. Thumper wasn’t much of a jumper but now he is starting to show off his skillz! I made a pen out of nic cubes around his cage, next to the couch. Well, it turns out that he can jump up on to the arm of the couch! Man, I’m going to have to close off the top.

Silly buns!

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Henri doesn’t jump?