Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Help? Gender confused.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • jessica2
      Participant
      17 posts Send Private Message

I have a male (or i think..) young holland lop. He is about 11 weeks now, and I have been waiting to get him neutered when he’s of age… However, I decided to make sure he was actually a he.  Well now I’ve gone and confused myself to bits!

Mind you, I haven’t owned a rabbit since I was a pre-teen and back then I owned quite a few of them and could sex them easily, and now i cant.

So, if there are any sexing experts out there that could help me.. The best I can do is post a picture or have you email me and I can send you a picture if I can take a clear one. I don’t feel any testicles yet but the bunny is still pretty young..

nate_jess05@yahoo.com

And yes, I will most definately take the bunny to a vet, I was just hoping to get some idea soon before I waltz into a vet clinic looking like an idiot for requesting a neuter for a doe =)

• MooBunnay
        Participant
        3087 posts Send Private Message

Hello! Welcome to Binky Bunny!

If you want to see a great post of gender mishap: https://binkybunny.com/Default.aspx?tabid=54&forumid=2&postid=8088&view=topic , even vets can get it wrong sometimes!

I can’t sex bunnies either…I think quite a few of us now have had the vet mishap (asking for a neuter for a girl, or a spay for a boy, haha) What I would do is just go in and say your bunny needs to be "fixed" and just avoid the situation all together!

• jessica2
          Participant
          17 posts Send Private Message

Well, it’s been a week since i last posted this, and i’m happy to announce that just 3 or 4 days after posting this, i started to clip my baby’s nails and discovered that Sam is in fact a he. His testicles have descended.
            I am also in the process of building him a cube condo so he can have a bit more room in his “home”. He is just sitting in a 32×20 cage right now, and since i am in school and working full time i can’t let him out as often as i’d like to. Wish me luck!

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

Good luck with the new condo!

• MooBunnay
              Participant
              3087 posts Send Private Message

Have fun building the condo – its so much fun designing rabbits cages! And there are fun toys in the store on this website, and another good site for some toys is busybunny.com – I’ve found that the rabbit rescues and rabbit specific sites usually have more fun things for bunnies than places like petco or petsmart.

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

hehe, congrats! you have a baby boy 😉 good luck with building the condo, my bunnies really love the one they live in.

• Vinnie D.
                  Participant
                  55 posts Send Private Message

I have a similar conundrum. I was told Nel is a girl. She’s a year old now and I’ve seen no uhm…”junk” and felt none, plus she has a dewlap, which is normally a female feature but can be on some males if they’re overweight. But I occasionally hear barking which is a male behavior. I guess when I can afford a fixing I’ll find out for sure if Nel is really “Mel”

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Help? Gender confused.