Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Help! Springtime Aggression!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Erine
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hi! I’ve had my one-year-old bunny, Ricee, for about half a year now. I’m a college student and she lives in my dorm with me. She’s super sweet and would cuddle up with me every single night. When I’m not home or during the night, I keep her in her enclosure, which is just a typical playpen you’d find on Amazon. She has her litterbox with hay, gravity water dispenser, stacking cups with her Timothy pellets, and her bed in there. I try to be home as often as I can so I can open her enclosure door and she’ll have access to the entire living room and kitchen. She used to love sleeping on the rug or the couch. But now springtime has come, she’s become very aggressive and destructive. When I let her out, she goes straight to the couch and tries to rip it up. When I’d go near her to try and stop her as I cannot pay for repairs if she destroys the couch, she’d grunt at me. She’ll still cuddle with me every once in a while but I feel like I cannot let her out of her enclosure anymore. I took her to the vet and scheduled an appointment to get her spayed, but that isn’t till 2-3 weeks later. I feel terrible keeping her in her enclosure all day but I don’t want her destroying the couch, which is school property. Do you think she’ll be ok for the next 2-3 weeks or will she get too lonely?

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

Spaying should really help with this! It does take some time to settle but it should get better. Would it be possible to block off the couch with an x-pen so she can still exercise in the meantime? Or at least attach another pen to her enclosure so she can have a bit more space in the meantime.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
          16908 posts Send Private Message

Yes, perhaps the couch just needs to be enclosed. LOL  That way, she can still run around and get exercise.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Help! Springtime Aggression!