Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Help! Slippery Floors! Suggestions?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • felmotes
      Participant
      60 posts Send Private Message

I recently built a 3 level bunny condo that the buns LOVE.

Only thing: they hate the linoleum sticky tiles I used for the floor. They sit on their grass matt or in the litterbox almost 75% of the time and seem hesitant when they walk on the linoleum.

Is there a way to easily remedy this? Would those sticky things they used for traction in bathtubs help? I don’t want to replace the flooring. Don’t have the time or money to re-do the condo levels :/

• Elrohwen
        Participant
        7318 posts Send Private Message

Have you tried putting down fleece blankets or towels? That might help them walk better.

• lashkay
          Participant
          1548 posts Send Private Message

You could get the corrugated cardboard flooring available at the BB Store and lay that over the tiles, cut to fit. Or you could take an awl or an ice pick or an exacto knife or some similar tool and mark up the tiles with cross-hatch scratches or dents so they won’t be slippery anymore. (this out of the presence of the bunnies so you make sure you don’t scare, excite or accidentally hurt them.) That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. I don’t know if they might not want to chew on those sticky things you put on bathtubs, if they’re made out of rubber?

• jerseygirl
            22345 posts Send Private Message

Maybe lightly sand the vinyl tiles? Does the adhesive smell? Maybe there’s an adversion to that?

• lashkay
              Participant
              1548 posts Send Private Message

I even like Jerseygirl’s idea better than mine…lightly sand the tiles! Easier too. Why didn’t I think of that? I’d go with that. Smart thinking, Jerseygirl! What do you think, felmotes?

• RabbitPam
                11002 posts Send Private Message

Can you get some extra large seagrass mattes and just cover more of the tiles with them?

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Help! Slippery Floors! Suggestions?