Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Help! Rabbit ate some cereal.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Starlightbunny
      Participant
      93 posts Send Private Message

So my Starlight got into my applejacks cereal and ate about 4 pieces. Now on the ingredients it listed cinnamon. Is cinnamon toxic to rabbits? I feel awful that this happened. Its my fault for leaving my food unattended. I’m really worried.

• Bam
        16838 posts Send Private Message

I doubt there’s enough cinnamon in 4 pieces of cereal to harm her. Eating lots of cinnamon would probably not be good, but a tiny amount wont harm.

Keep an eye on poop, serve her fresh greens dripping wet and maybe hand feed some hay to make her eat extra.

• Wick & Fable
          5771 posts Send Private Message

Agreed with @Bam. There is likely not enough stuff for it to be ‘toxic’ for your rabbit. There may be some symptoms of an upset tummy, but for a one-off consumption, pushing hay and encouraging hydration will help regulate it back to normal. Keep an eye on poop.

Give us an update if you can!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Starlightbunny
            Participant
            93 posts Send Private Message

Ok, so I don’t see anything abnormal. She’s sitting in her litter box and i see many poops so I think it’ll be ok

• Wick & Fable
              5771 posts Send Private Message

That’s good to hear! Rabbits can be good at getting into things they shouldn’t.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Bam
                16838 posts Send Private Message

Great! Rabbits can be very clever when it comes to food. I had one who attempted to steal an entire bag of jellybeans. Caught him as he was dragging it across the floor to get it to “safety” 😱

• Cinnimon&Ollie
                  Participant
                  300 posts Send Private Message

Thats great that your rabbit is okay my rabbits have ate half of a fleece sheet and been fine but they cant eat blueberries because that makes sense. My rabbits have gotten into many things and things happen it is not something to beat yourself up about.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Help! Rabbit ate some cereal.