Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Hello, everyone!

• This topic has 2sd replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Kiki.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • LivinAPhantasie
      Participant
      4 posts Send Private Message

I’m Jessi! I’m 27 and married with a 6 year old daughter living here in Arkansas! We have 4 pets. The oldest is a 7 year old Australia Shepherd mix named Missy. The second and third are 2 cats named Anna (age 5) and Marshall (age 2). Lastly, and the one you’ve been waiting for, is our albino bunny name Alice at a whopping 12 weeks old! I guess I should start by saying that this is not the first time I’ve been under the same roof as a house bunny; this is just the first time I’ve been the primary caregiver of a house bunny.

I remember growing up with an albino house bunny when I was really young. His name was Bunny (yeah, really original right?). I don’t remember much because he died when I was around 6 or 7, but I remembered loving him and he was just a relaxing pet compared to the dog outside always running and barking. I got another one when I was in high school, a little flopped ear grey named Momo, and I loved him too, but he was more of an outside rabbit as he lived in a giant pen on my porch while I was at school or asleep.

Later, I got married and we had a daughter and she is just the sweetest, kindest, most gentle soul in the world. She wants to be a baker when she grows up, but from her house, she wants to fix toys that other kids have broken and give them to other kids who need new toys and take homeless out to eat. She’s only 6!! How amazing is this little angel?! Anyway, when she was 2, she asked for a pet bunny and her daddy said, “You’re a little too young right now, but when you turn six, I PROMISE you will have a bunny.” My husband always keeps his promises. He came home with a baby bunny (8 weeks) with fur just as white and eyes just as pink as my first house bunny. My daughter immediately named her Alice from her favorite storybook reminding us to “always follow the white rabbit”.

Alice turned out to be just a sweet as my daughter. Any worry I had about the animals adjusting to her melted away in just a few days as I watched them start cuddling with her and playing with her so much better than they do each other. Even my husband, who has never owned a rabbit before and had no idea the kind of cleaning you would have to do or how complex the diet was, was totally and completely in love with Alice to the point that she paws at his feet when she wants cuddles and attention cause he will never turn her down. We all fell in love with her instantly. And we’re expecting many more years of memories and love.

• DanaNM
        8901 posts Send Private Message

Welcome! She is adorable! <3

Looks like a mini baby version of my Bun Jovi!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Kiki
          Participant
          205 posts Send Private Message

a little bunny floof <3

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Hello, everyone!