Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Hello Everyone!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Tenuidae
      Participant
      4 posts Send Private Message

Hello there everyone. I’m Kylie. I have had my rabbit, a 10lb doe named Pooka, for about 2.5 years now (she was a little over 2 months old when I got her). Though, I have never joined a rabbit forum before. I do however own 5 Betta Fish as well and am active on the Bettafish.com forum, and they have helped me out a great deal. So I figured, maybe it would be good to try out a rabbit forum to see if you guys have any tips on rabbit care and to get some advice should I have any problems with my girl, (though she has not had a single health problem yet). 

Pooka was originally supposed to be a gift for my younger sisters (who were 14 and 9 at the time), but quickly lost interest in her. I was the one who picked her out (my mom recruited me) and I have pretty much been caring for her since day 1. So she is pretty strongly bonded to me, and most other people make her quite nervous. My youngest sister and little cousin were quite rough with her when she was little, so I don’t blame her for being nervous.

With me, though, she seems to trust me. I can easily pick her up and hold her, she finally trusts me enough to let me cut her nails without freaking out, and she actually listens more than half the time when I tell her to stop trying to rip out my carpet fibers! XD

Needless to say, she quickly ended up being my rabbit, rather than my sisters. And I hope to have her for a very long time. She’s one of my best friends.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all and learning more things about rabbit care on here. I do know a lot thanks to one of my best friends’ mothers who has two free-roaming house rabbits of her own that she’s had for several years.

Due to space limitations, she lives in an indoor hutch in my hallway right now. I would love to have her in my bedroom but I need to litter train her and set up some kind of pen first, which I am working on. She does get lots of time to run around freely in my bedroom, though (she is as I’m typing right now) and cause trouble, like fling her toys and cardboard boxes and apple sticks all over the place and pull the laces out of my shoes XD She is quite a character, though I’d like to get some new ideas for ways to entertain her. I feel like she has more energy than she can really expend on what I give her, especially since when I am not home, she sits in her hutch all day because no one else can get her out of it (and no one else in my family even really wants to deal with her since she doesn’t like most other people). My family wouldn’t put the time and effort into getting her to trust them anyway, so that’s not really an option. So I’ll probably be posting around looking for new ideas for inexpensive ways to entertain her (Money is very tight right now).

But yeah, I’ll stop rambling on, here, and hopefully meet some of you guys here

• Mrs.HoneyBun
        Participant
        34 posts Send Private Message

Welcome Kylie and Pooka!! You will love it here!
          We love buns and people have a TON of helpful advice around here.
          Can’t wait to see pics of Pooka!

• CheriB603
          Participant
          422 posts Send Private Message

Welcome! Nice to meet you!

• Tessie
            Participant
            1231 posts Send Private Message

Welcome, can’t wait to see pictures!

• Ralphie
              Participant
              27 posts Send Private Message

Nice to meet you and Pooka! Since yesterday, I'm new to this site as well. Hope to see some pictures soon

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Hello Everyone!