Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Hello!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Steph
      Participant
      7 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone!

My name is Steph, and THIS is my Holland Lop bunny, Persephone – Percy for short! I’ve had her since September, and she won me over immediately! I’ve learned so much about bunnies since I brought her home, and we are slowly moving towards a free-roam situation. Right now, she is working on perfecting her litterbox habits, and is living with an x-pen with a litterbox, a dig box, lots of toys, and a fair amount of free play every day. She is a funky little bunny, and likes to hang out/flop on soft surfaces and pee on hard ones. Once I figured that out, she took to good litterbox habits immediately! 

She has recently started asking for affection, which I am so excited about. She always appreciated a good head rub, but now she will come up to me and arch her back/stick her nose into my face until she receives them. Once she turned 6 months old, I started slowly introducing some fresh fruit/veggies into her diet. She is still pretty picky, but LOVES celery (it’s really fun to watch her eat it – she inhales it like a piece of spaghetti). I am hoping to find the perfect treat that she will go crazy for so I can attempt some clicker training – maybe raisins? She has always been happy to get pets, but only recently has allowed me to feed her from my hand. 

Percy also had a bad (well, bad to me, very fun to her) habit of throwing her ceramic bowls everywhere, spilling water and pellets into a giant, gross, mush. Today, I picked up some slightly bigger copper bowls in a bowl stand, and she seems to have taken to them. Hopefully she won’t be able to pull them out and toss them as well! 

I always have lots of bunny questions, and this forum has been a great resource for me! I’ve been reading it for a while, but just now decided to dive in and make an account. I am looking into getting Percy spayed (she is currently 7 months old – 8 months on Jan 8), but the best-reviewed rabbit vet near me has been booked out for my winter break, and I don’t want to get it done while I am in school because I want to have enough free time to dedicate to her recovery process. Hopefully this summer!

Looking forward to meeting you all and your adorable buns! 

• DanaNM
        8930 posts Send Private Message

Welcome!

Percy is very cute! I love grumpy mini lop faces

I use a ceramic dog bowl for my buns’ water. It’s too heavy for them to toss around. I don’t even bother with pellet bowls anymore, I just scatter them around so they have to find them. Makes ’em work just a little

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Steph
          Participant

Thank you!!

Yesterday morning I ended up getting her a bowl stand, and so far it’s solved the problem! I think she would be too spoiled for scattering pellets to work — once she threw the bowl, she would wait for me to refill it to eat pellets again, instead of eating them off the ground where she dumped them, lol.

• DanaNM
            8930 posts Send Private Message

Ooh what a diva!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Wick & Fable
              5781 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to BB! What a wonderfully photogenic angel you have. I’m glad BB has been a helpful resource for you.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Steph
                Participant

Posted By Wick on 12/28/2018 7:40 PM

Welcome to BB! What a wonderfully photogenic angel you have. I’m glad BB has been a helpful resource for you.

Thanks so much! I’m redirected here 99% of the time I google a bunny question–BB has been a real lifesaver.

• Skip&Piper
                  Participant
                  10 posts Send Private Message

Hello!

I am knew here (and new to bunnies!) as well! I joined for the same reason as you, in my research I would always be directed here! I’m glad I joined as there is still so much for me to learn! Percy is absolutely adorable – welcome!

• LittlePuffyTail
                    18092 posts Send Private Message

Big Welcome to BB! Love your girl’s name. I have a girl bunny named Elara Moon.

• Steph
                      Participant

Posted By Skip&Piper on 12/29/2018 6:35 PM 
                        Hello! 

I am knew here (and new to bunnies!) as well! I joined for the same reason as you, in my research I would always be directed here! I’m glad I joined as there is still so much for me to learn! Percy is absolutely adorable – welcome!

Posted By LittlePuffyTail on 12/30/2018 6:21 PM

Big Welcome to BB! Love your girl’s name. I have a girl bunny named Elara Moon.

Thanks so much! That’s a cool name, too.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! Hello!!