Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Final Goodbye to Sunny

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • meow1
      Participant
      322 posts Send Private Message

Said our final goodbyes to Sunny today. He was 11 years old.

I was embracing him during his transition and he looked up, opened his mouth, and let out a few squeaks. I wasn’t prepared for that. I had never heard a sound like that from him…and I just keep replaying it over and over. I know that in time, that will fade and only the good memories will dominate my mind…but for now, I’m having a really hard time.

He was such a fun boy…silly and happy. He made me laugh and smile a lot.

• White Rabbit
        Participant
        32 posts Send Private Message

RIP Sunny, im sure you gave him the best life he could have. Keep your head up. Im sure he is eating all the treats while binkying over the rainbow bridge waiting for his human to grow old one day and join him too again 🙂

• DanaNM
          8935 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss. 🙁 How amazing that he made it to 11!

Those noises are so traumatizing, but it’s thought that the noises (and the head tilting back) are a reflex that occurs after the bun is already unconscious, so they are not indicating any pain in that moment. I’ve sadly experienced a few really traumatic bun deaths and what helped me was to make a journal of happy memories with the bun, so that I didn’t keep replaying their final moments in my head over and over. Making a photo book also helped me, but I wasn’t ready to do that right away. In time it will get better. <3

(((Binky free Sunny)))

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Bam
            16875 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry you had to hear those sounds. It is as Dana says, rabbits scream when they go, more often than not, and it is believed that it is a kind of reflex rather than an expression of conscious agony. That makes total sense if you think of it from an evolutionary point of view. These days many rabbit vets give a strong sedative first, but that’s for the sake of the bun owner.

I’ve had two rabbits give out those cries as they went, I held them so close. It was horrible. As Dana also says, please focus on all the million good times you and Sunny shared. 11 years is awesome,, no rabbit lives to 11 unless it has a great life.

Binky free, Sunny.

• meow1
              Participant
              322 posts Send Private Message

Thank you all for the kind words. ❤

• Ellie from The Netherlands
                Participant
                2512 posts Send Private Message

That’s awful, I’m so sorry for the loss of your beloved Sunny 😥

11 years is indeed a very long life, but somehow it always feels too short. Senior buns really are a treasure, and your bond only gets closer as they age.

Binky free, sweet Sunny…

• Cinnamon Bun
                  Participant
                  205 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry you lost sweet Sunny. My heart goes out to you. The screaming is so scary… I still hear Binkie’s screams almost a year after I lost her, and it breaks my heart and makes me sob hysterically every time. It was so horrible and heart-wrenching. I just cuddled her and cried and cried, and told her that I loved her. 11 years is a wonderful age for a bun, and Sunny wouldn’t have made it that long unless he had someone in his life who loved and cherished him immensely. And that person was you. There is absolutely nothing wrong with crying or wanting to distance yourself from people for a while to heal. It’s normal. But talking about it also helps to soothe your broken heart. If the trauma is locked away in darkness, it hurts a lot more that way. Take your time to grieve, but don’t be sad forever. Smile because it happened! In your heart is where his story lives. Sending love to you… stay positive, stay strong!! ♡

❀ Binky free sweet baby Sunny ❀

☽˚。⋆

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Final Goodbye to Sunny