Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Does my rabbit have ear mites??

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Wenny
      Participant
      27 posts Send Private Message

Hi guys, these past few days I’ve noticed that my bunny has a few scabs on the inside of his ears. I checked closely and there was no crusty buildup at the bottom of his ear canal but I’m still worried that its fleas or mites. Most of scabs look like they were from his own scratches and if thats the case Im not sure why he’s scratching so much. Sorry that it’s hard to see in the photos (it’s mostly in the middle of both ears)

• Wick & Fable
        5782 posts Send Private Message

Everything looks normal to me! Sometimes there can be a slight scratch from the rabbit themselves accidentally knicking themselves during grooming. That looks to be the case here at the moment. If the bottom of the ear looks clean, I wouldn’t be too concerned at this point unless you see it getting worse.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Wenny
            Participant

Yeah that’s what I thought so too. Just needed some reassurance haha

• LBJ10
            16908 posts Send Private Message

It may be a sign that his nails need to be cut too. Rabbits will naturally scratch their ears with their back feet when grooming. Claws that are super sharp can easily cause an accidental scratch.

• Wenny
                Participant

He does get his nails clipped regularly and the last time he got it trimmed was like a week ago. When he climbs on my lap the nails feel pretty blunt, so that’s why I was suspecting it was some sort of skin issue instead.

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Does my rabbit have ear mites??