Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Could use some love and support

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • Peace&Love
      Participant
      3 posts Send Private Message

I don’t usually do this, I’m the type of person to deal with emotions internally instead of seeking help.

But I believe my best friend for the last 10 years is dying and I have no one I feel comfortable with leaning on right now for support.

Francis is a 12 year old mini lop bunny-lad who has been by my side for my entire adult life. He hasn’t been eating much and has been lethargic, despite visits to the vet and medication. I’m worried he might not make it through whatever is causing him distress.

I’ve been packing and checking out apartments getting ready to move out of state to start an accelerated bachelor’s program in nursing, while recently getting out of the hospital for kidney stones… and I haven’t even felt a fraction of the amount of stress and anxiety I feel now about Francis. Hell, I was an EMT in Oakland for years and I have never felt this stressed.

This may sound really lame but I’m a guy and I just don’t really feel comfortable opening up to my guy friends about stuff like this. My best friend (female) who I could normally open up emotionally to had a falling out with me recently after we fell for each other and it got complicated. I just feel like I have no one I can talk to or just cry with. I feel so alone and if I lose Francis I will be moving to a new state without my best friend. Most people don’t understand the connection someone can have with their rabbit and I don’t really blame them, but I know there are people out there that get it.

I’ve lost friends and I’ve lost patients, but this is different. I have a unique connection with Francis that I’m sure you beautiful people can relate to.

I know that I’ll get through this and that it won’t always feel this hard, but I just really wish I had someone I could lean on right now.

• Bam
        16877 posts Send Private Message

I am very sorry that you are going through this. 12 years is, as you know, an awesome age for a bun.

It is very hard to lose a pet. They are part of our families and they are our very close friends. They bring us so much joy and love, which is why it hurts so bad when they leave us.

Do talk to us here. You can cry with us too 💜

• DanaNM
          8935 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for what you are going through. It’s so hard with seniors, as you are just constantly worried about losing them, but then it is also a gift to be able to care for them in their golden years.

I just moved with 4 rabbits, including my 12 year old (Bun Jovi), so I understand how stressful it all can be! I lost my senior girl Bertha last December, so that is in the back of my mind all the time too. I almost lost Bun Jovi 2 years ago to stasis, and now I feel like every extra day with him has been a bonus.

With Bertha, we weren’t really sure what was going on, but it seemed like it was just her time. She just slowed way down and started having more limited mobility. I just had this feeling… even though the vet couldn’t find anything wrong. When you know, you know I guess. She passed away peacefully with her bonded companion by her side, which is about all you can hope for I think. I’m thankful now that I sensed it was coming and had a chance to say goodbye, even though I wasn’t with her when it happened.

It is really hard for non-rabbit people to understand what it’s like to lose a beloved bunny. The bond between rabbits and their humans is pretty unique, so please do keep sharing with us. You might like to share some favorite memories or photos of her here. <3

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• HipHopBunny
            Participant
            640 posts Send Private Message

Oh, I’m so sorry you are going through this. 😥 

As you, Bam, and Dana have all said, 12 years is a good long life for a bun. 🙂 12 years of which I’m sure you granted Francis a beautiful life. 🙂 

They are our dearest companions, which makes it hard to accept the unacceptable. Yet, a lot of us make the mistake of thinking that when it happens, they leave us forever. Know that they will always be here with you, no matter what. Watching over you, and guiding you through the journey you set out here to accomplish. 🙂 

This might not even be his time; we never know. All we can know, is that they will always be our forever friends. 🙂 

We are here for you!! If you need help, advice, a shoulder to cry on, or just a friend to talk to, we will be here. 🙂

Wishing you easy thinking!!

• Peace&Love
              Participant

thank you all so much for taking the time to share your amazing words with me

Francis passed away last night, along with the GI stasis he developed fluid in his lungs and a high fever. I am extremely grateful that he passed away comfortably chattering away happily in my arms with the taste of his favorite juice in his mouth, thanks to the help of a very kind vet. I am lucky that he lived a very happy and long life that I was able to share with him.

I know the immense pain I’m going through is only because I loved him so greatly. I just miss him so much.  I’m heartbroken that I will never be able to hold him again or watch his eyes light up as he smells me coming with his favorite treat – banana.

Please if it is okay for your buns diet, give your loving companion a banana slice today, for Francis

may peace and love be with you all, my friends

• Peace&Love
                Participant

• DanaNM
                  8935 posts Send Private Message

Awww I’m so sorry to hear that. 🙁

How special that you were able to be there comforting him, truly a special bond. <3

(((Binky free sweet Francis)))

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LeahM
                    Participant
                    166 posts Send Private Message

Ohhhh my goodness.  I’m so very sorry.  I have a bunny that I am over the moon in love with.  I understand your feeling that you can’t be honest with people about your love for a bunny, and I’m sorry.

I agree with you also that sick animals, and especially sick bunnies, is the most stressful thing to go through.  I’m a nurse too and it’s sad and hard when people are sick, but the decisions are more clear and there’s a healthcare system with more support.  I question myself all the time about decisions for my animals, especially my bunny.  And when he’s sick, I am beside myself.

What a beautiful and incredibly lucky bunny.  (((Francis)))

• LeahM
                      Participant
                      166 posts Send Private Message

And I will definitely make sure that Frank Jrs banana slice is in memory of Francis tonight.

• Bam
                        16877 posts Send Private Message

How beautiful Francis was!

I’m so sorry for your loss. Im glad that you got to be with him to the end and that he passed peacefully.

I will give my Vilde a slice of apple (he doesnt like banana) tonight, in memory of Francis.

💔

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE Could use some love and support