Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny questions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • attackofthebear
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

I am thinking of redoing the rabbit cage since I’m already redoing the guinea pig cages and would like to have answers to my questions, if possible, before I build the cage. I was wondering how big a bunny cage should be for two rabbits and does it have to be high or can it be somewhat low and really long with a few different levels in it?

• Gravehearted
        Participant
        2428 posts Send Private Message

welcome to binky bunny attackofthebear! 😀

you might take a look at our cool habitat section to see some photos of bunny housing. my bunny’s have a cage made of neat idea cubes and it’s three cubes tall, by 3 wide – but there’s no reason you couldn’t make a really long cage that isn’t too high. i imagine it may remind bunnies of a burrow 🙂 you just want to make sure the bunnies have plenty of room to hop around.

• skunklionshow
          Participant
          1257 posts Send Private Message

Sorry but my dissertation is killing the majority of my brain cells now…

There is a bunny space formula. ..something about length of bunny times 2 or 3.  I’m sure Binky knows.  I made a nic cage for my girl (Jessica’s new habitat on cool habitats).  I just bought more cubes to build an addition to house Leo once he’s fixed.  I used her original dog cage as the base.  We cut off the top and built up.  She loves it and Leo is very jealous.  He likes to lay in her bed on the top shelf.

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

Welcome attackofthebear! I really hope you feel welcome here! The moderators are great and so are the other members!

I have some questions for you: How big are your rabbits and how long do they spend inside of their cage (ie. how long and do you let them out to roam and exercise)?  The size will depend on these factors as well. Also, I know this may be obvious but a lot of planning goes into a NIC cage, what kinds of things do you plan on placing in it, you’ll want enough room so they can scoot by and/or lounge.  Each NIC panel is 14" x 14".

• MooBunnay
              Participant
              3087 posts Send Private Message

Hello Attackofthebear – how is your cage remodeling going? Do you have any more questions we can help you with?

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny questions