Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE bunny opened sutures!! *warning: picture of open wound*

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • koj
      Participant
      39 posts Send Private Message

Hello,

My bunny got spayed almost a week ago, and I checked her sutures today to which I see it open 🙁 I immediately called the vet and sent the picture, and they told me to bring her in tomorrow morning as the doctor is no longer there. She’s eating, drinking, and pooping fine, but I’m still very worried about her. We started Metacam a little late, but I stopped 4 days after since she was no longer in any noticeable pain. Is there anything I can do right now till tomorrow morning? Thank you so much!

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

If you still have metacam and had been storing it properly up until now, a dose probably wouldn’t hurt — she’s like not feeling great with it open.

I’d do what you can to keep her environment clean so no dirt/debris can irritate or mosey near the wound itself. Also, if you notice her fixating on it, try to distract her or something so she doesn’t irritate it more.

Be sure to keep her in a restricted space so her jumping/running does not further strain the injury.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Bam
          16877 posts Send Private Message

You can make a makeshift Elizabethan collar out of a paper saucer/plate and some adhesive tape – just to keep her from busying herself with the wound until you can see the vet tomorrow.

Metacam is good because it takes away pain and/or itching, so it might make her less inclined to mess with the wound.

If you normally use wood shavings or similar as litter, you can temporarily replace it with torn up newsprint or clean towels, to keep the wound free of debris until the vet visit.

• koj
            Participant
            39 posts Send Private Message

update:

thank you all! i went to the vet this morning and they told me it was nothing to worry about and it was just scar tissue 😰 I was very anxious for no reason!!!!! thank you all again

• Bam
              16877 posts Send Private Message

Oh, great 😃

Thank you for the update!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE bunny opened sutures!! *warning: picture of open wound*