Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny Digging and Biting at Comforter

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • LillyBear
      Participant
      223 posts Send Private Message

OK so on our (my bf and I) bed Lilly always, digs, scratches, licks and bites the comforter and sheets!  It is really annoying because the comforter now has holes and scratch marks in it .  and we got the comforter in hong kong so its not like we can replace it!!  we are goin back in december.. but still.. she is just eating it all the time.. even if you yell.. stop her.. etc.  she just goes right back too it.. she is doing it RIGHT NOW!! why !?!!

• x liddo bunny x
        Participant
        314 posts Send Private Message

i know that buns do like digging in sheets so sometimes they will mess them up. well like binkybunny suggests putting perfume on it so she keeps away or just keep it out of her reach.

• cookie627
          Participant
          387 posts Send Private Message

well i would try to keep your bun off the bed and try giving it a cardboard box to play in. or even the phone book (thats out dated)

• LillyBear
            Participant

lol we have SO many toys for her.. phonebook, stuffed bunny and carrot, cardboard boxs from things we order online, random paper thrown on floor for her enjoyment, wood chews (flavored and unflavored), and still she likes to eat our things!!! Especially comforter.. and most recently (along with the comforter).. the bf’s computer chair..

its not really possible to keep these items out of reach since we let Lilly be free-range.. if we lock her up in her cage she will literally FREAK. She rips at the cage bars with her teeth, so hard I think her poor teeth would come out! And she just throws everything around inside her cage.. digs all food out of food bowl, flips bed upside down, growls, eats at bars, and pouts like a bun you’ve never seen before.. she will turn her butt to me to show she is pissed and lash out at me.. she is insane!! If we just leave her in one room and shut the door to our bedroom she tears up the wood lining on the walls and doors (when we move out.. we are going to have to pay lots to get this fixed) by eating it to try and "open" the door.. she even jumps up on her cage.. and the sink to play with things if we don’t open the door.. the other night she got her foot stuck in the top of her cage!!!!!! Fortunately I knew of her anger and that she had jumped up on the cage so I was watching and immediately was able to get her undone.. now we have a new cage wiht smaller spaces between the bars so hopefully that doesn’t happen again..

shes a bun that knows what she wants, and how to get it.. thats for sure.

but anyway, i got slightly off topic.. aside from all the toys that she DOES play with.. she still has to eat our things!!!!

but what can i say, of course she is being a HUGE cutie right now sleeping under the computer desk… (eta) with one arm streched out, and one ear up.. how can i resist such a cute little creature!!

• Hedi
              Participant
              969 posts Send Private Message

My buns are rarely allowed in our room. They love to sleep under our bed and root thru out closets. I try to get them to jump on the bed and they refuse. lol

I would go with some serious perfume spray on the bed. Or maybe get one of those room deodrizers that spray ever so often. That may keep it just strong enough for her to not want to be around it. I think I would sit something flat on the bed and try and make a deodrizer spray thing reach that far. Maybe put something there where she cant throw it off the bed.

• x liddo bunny x
                Participant

oh my….. she knows how to get around. luckly my buns only chew on cardbord or wood. they are only 11 months old so they dont get into much trouble. they havent even chewed on any electrical wires. ^ ^ however, boy do they love the carpet. oh, i forgot. have u tried getting her a little blanket/ conforter of her own she can chew and put her scent all over? try that along with the perfume and maybe over time you dont need the perfume anymore. ionno, just a suggestion

• Lucy
                  Participant
                  370 posts Send Private Message

lillybear- i have a bottle of phooey stuff. It didn’t work with Fujoe, but it might work on your bunny. You can try to spray it on the comforter to see if she won’t dig at it. Also, try the perfume if you haven’t… once again didn’t work for fujoe, but might work for you.. I’m down in your area on tue. I’m starting a job at G2 which is at jackson and peoria. I work from 10-6.. maybe we can meet up really quick and I can give you the bottle? email me to let me know… if you haven’t tried this stuff already.

• LillyBear
                    Participant

Fujoe thanks for the offer!! I have some of that stuff though, and yep, doesn’t work for her either!!

• poopy
                      Participant
                      684 posts Send Private Message
                        Posted By LillyBear on 04/14/2007 6:41 PM
                        lol we have SO many toys for her.. phonebook, stuffed bunny and carrot, cardboard boxs from things we order online, random paper thrown on floor for her enjoyment, wood chews (flavored and unflavored), and still she likes to eat our things!!! Especially comforter.. and most recently (along with the comforter).. the bf’s computer chair..

its not really possible to keep these items out of reach since we let Lilly be free-range.. if we lock her up in her cage she will literally FREAK. She rips at the cage bars with her teeth, so hard I think her poor teeth would come out! And she just throws everything around inside her cage.. digs all food out of food bowl, flips bed upside down, growls, eats at bars, and pouts like a bun you’ve never seen before.. she will turn her butt to me to show she is pissed and lash out at me.. she is insane!! If we just leave her in one room and shut the door to our bedroom she tears up the wood lining on the walls and doors (when we move out.. we are going to have to pay lots to get this fixed) by eating it to try and "open" the door.. she even jumps up on her cage.. and the sink to play with things if we don’t open the door.. the other night she got her foot stuck in the top of her cage!!!!!! Fortunately I knew of her anger and that she had jumped up on the cage so I was watching and immediately was able to get her undone.. now we have a new cage wiht smaller spaces between the bars so hopefully that doesn’t happen again..

shes a bun that knows what she wants, and how to get it.. thats for sure.

but anyway, i got slightly off topic.. aside from all the toys that she DOES play with.. she still has to eat our things!!!!

but what can i say, of course she is being a HUGE cutie right now sleeping under the computer desk… (eta) with one arm streched out, and one ear up.. how can i resist such a cute little creature!!

omg!

• poopy
                        Participant
                        684 posts Send Private Message

• x liddo bunny x
                          Participant

medusa is sooooo cute. especially the way she turns around and prestends like she didnt do anything wrong. =P

• BinkyBunny
                            8776 posts Send Private Message

uh oh, can she banned from your room?   I know you want to allow her freedom to go anywhere, but if nothing else is working….

I think the only thing that could possibly curb this is if you were able to catch her every single time she even jumped on the bed and make her jump off immediately, or pick her up and take her off.   This can take a while and persistence, and if you just don’t have the time to deal with it, or if she still isn’t deterred then it may mean banning her from the room.

There are things things that snap (can’t remember the name!!)  that make a loud snapping noise when a bunny jumps on the furniture. I got them once because my first bunny liked to chew holes in the couch where we sat, but the snappers didn’t stay long because they were so loud that they would scare me too, and I was afraid if they would give me heartattack, imagine what they would do to my bunny.  But many bunny people swear by them.  

If I can remember the name, I’ll post it.

• dmh426
                              Participant
                              433 posts Send Private Message

Amanda- she’s a rearranger! So is my bunny. But, she loooooves laying in bed with me. She will rearrange, but not bite my bed stuff. hmmm…. try spraying some febreeze on the bed sheets and comforter to see if that stops her. Have you tried the water bottle…spraying her when she’s naughty? Works for cats and bunnies. That’s how I trained my bunny.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny Digging and Biting at Comforter