Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Bonding Jinx with another Bun

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Jinx and Jude
      Participant
      63 posts Send Private Message

Hey so I have Jinx a 6 month old fixed rabbit who’s a boy..what’s the best way to Bond him with another bunny?

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

Please see our bonding information page here: https://binkybunny.com/infocategory/bonding/

As noted, both rabbits must be spayed/neutered first, and you should be prepared to buckle-up for a long bonding process, including having separate enclosure spaces. If you’re unable to speed date rabbits to get an initial assessment on compatibility, please note that some rabbits simply are not compatible so if bringing in a rabbit without speed-dating, you must be accepting that there is a chance you happened to have chosen a rabbit whose dynamic does not agree with yours, and you need to house those rabbits separately, permanently (That is my arrangement with my Wick and Fable; two lovely buns that do not work well together).

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• DanaNM
          8935 posts Send Private Message

Since he’s neutered, you are in good shape to get started with the process. Getting some good temporary housing in order is essential, as Wick&Fable mentioned. Extra x-pens and NIC-cubes are great for this, because you can build temporary cages or pens and then re-configure them once they are bonded.

Most cases, M-F pairs seem a bit easier, but M-M pairs are common too. If there is a rescue near you they can often help you find a good match for your bun. 🙂 Age, size, breed don’t matter at all, it’s more about the rabbit’s personalities. And a bun’s personality around humans really doesn’t predict how they will be with other rabbits. Most pairings DO work out eventually, it’s just that some take a lot more work than others! But, a bond taking a lot of work doesn’t mean it won’t be a good bond. Two of my pairs that had the toughest bonding processes ended up with the closest bonds, so somethings are worth the wait!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Jinx and Jude
              Participant

Thanx you guys..yeah I took Jinx in for a check up and my vet did he thought Jinx might do well with a bunny friend cause before I took him home he spent so much time with his brothers and lately he seems lonely cause he trys to snuggle with my cat and she dosnt want to he also seems more destructive lately, yeah I would definitely get another xpen for the other bunny, I’m not sure about rescues around me I’ll have to look into it, just want whats best for my little boy 😀

• DanaNM
              8935 posts Send Private Message

It’s true that most bunnies do like having a companion, as rabbits are social by nature. 🙂

That said, it doesn’t always help with destructive behaviors, because can often end up with TWO bunnies getting into more mischief together!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Jinx and Jude
                  Participant

Yeah I know it might not help his destructive tendencies but I’m weighing all my options..Iris my rabbit I had before Jinx did excellent as a single bunnie, but everyone of them is different so I’d like to try and see if Jinx would like a friend and if it dosnt work out that’s no problem cause I am equipped to handle to buns even if they need to live separately

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Bonding Jinx with another Bun