Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Bonding: I keep getting messed around by Bonding Services

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • mylo.myrtle.summer
      Participant
      7 posts Send Private Message

Hello

A few months ago I made a post on here about bonding my Trio https://binkybunny.com/forums/topic/bonding-a-trio-fights/

I decided to find a bonding service so that someone could help me with the bonding as I suffer with Anxiety Disorder, and a little sensitive to the fights.

However I am slowly starting to see the lack of care people have for bunnies, as I have been messed around 3 times.

The first bonder (a well known bonder) I asked was very rude and just out right said No.

I then managed to get them in somewhere here in Surrey, but she tried to steal my solo doe and charged me £850 in the process. So obviously the bonding didn’t work out, even though she managed to get them together for 8 hours but split them up because she was worried about the bond between my current couple breaking. With a message that followed ‘I badly want summer – could you rehome her to me?’

They where supposed to be going to a bonder on the 1<sup>st</sup> Sept, but this person has now gone quite on me and started to ignore me.

So I am not at a loss as to what to do, and its not fair on myself or the bunnies, and the whole thing is starting to upset me.

Does anyone know anyone that may be able to help? Ideally within the Surrey/London area – although happy to travel if need be.

I have asked rescues but they just say no. I feel there is a lot of bias with Trios. I have decided that if the trio doesn’t work that i would keep summer and get a larger custom made pen from pet Manor that can be divided (and removed) with clear colycarb and possibly get summer a friend. However I don’t want to get a 4th rabbit unless i have too. I just need someone to tell me if it would work or not. 🙁

• HipHopBunny
        Participant
        640 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry you are going through this! <3 Thank sure is a couple of tough experiences. Of course, it will work to bond your trio, don’t give up! I’m in the process of bonding my three ladies in fact, and I know a few others here are too. Could you fill out the bonding template? Then we can get started with bonding. 🙂

• DanaNM
          8930 posts Send Private Message

Sorry you are going through some troubles, that is crazy about that first bonder! I know professional bonders are a lot more common in the UK. @Sirius&Luna might be able to recommend someone.

So, sometimes is necessary for the current couple to split up when bonding a trio. This happened with S&L’s trio. Then they all reconfigure their dominance when they join up as a trio. Based on what you have experienced, it doesn’t sound like they are unbondable, but I understand the anxiety that comes with it all.

Looking back at your other thread, how far did you get with working with them on your own? It sounds like petting a lot was working out? When did things start to go downhill?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Bonding: I keep getting messed around by Bonding Services