Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Afraid of Strawberries?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sonn
      Participant
      1810 posts Send Private Message

Okay got a weird one here. I realized today that Tater had never had  a strawberry (he’s a banana and papaya kind of guy) so I cut him and Spud a strawberry up. Spud went to town on his strawberry. But Tater started thumping and got wide eyed every time I would come near him with the strawberry. I thought he was upset with me but I put it down near him and he freaked out. I immediately removed it and thought something was wrong. I grabbed a piece of banana and he came running right up and took it. What? So I handed him a sliver of Strawberry he sniffed it and started thumping and ran off.

WHAT? I am so confused.

• Bam
        16877 posts Send Private Message

🤣🤣🤣

I remember we had another BB member whose rabbit reacted with fear the first time he was given a strawberry. My bun Yohio had the same reaction to a plate with a piece of butternut squash. He backed away from the plate until he had his back against the wall, where he sat and stared in terror at the (apparently) threatening piece of pumpkin.

I dont know why, though.

• Sonn
            Participant

😂 I have never seen a rabbit afraid of food before! At first, I thought he got spooked by my dog because she’s obsessed with strawberries so I put her in another room and tried to give it to him and he acted like it was made of lava! Rabbits are weird!

• Wick & Fable
            5782 posts Send Private Message

Some rabbits get spooked by foods… It happens haha.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• DanaNM
              8935 posts Send Private Message

OMG this is hilarious!

Bun Jovi is most certainly NOT afraid of strawberries. Once my husband tried to give him a bite of a big one, and Bun Jovi yoinked the WHOLE thing and went running off. Then he stopped, repositioned it so it was almost entirely in his mouth, and kept running! I had to chase him down and pry it out of his mouth so he woudn’t choke!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Sonn
                  Participant

😂😂😂 Are you sure he’s a bunny and not a Labrador? My dog is obsessed with strawberries and bananas. She stole an entire banana and ran around the house with it full speed until i finally caught her but she has swallowed 1/2 of it peel and all!

• prince dorian the bun
                  Participant
                  743 posts Send Private Message

Dorian is very wary of new foods, not my new houseplants or my snacks mind you, just stuff he can actually eat. He hasn’t been quite as dramatic as Tater, but he will run away and watch it from a sheltered area for a bit. Sometimes I have to eat it first. He actually prefers the tops of strawberry to the berry, he hates papaya and will toss it from his bowl with such indignation I have given up attempts to get him to eat it.

Does Tater like raspberries or any other red food? Maybe the color looks like poison to him? Not at all sure, trying to guess a bunny brain is probably futile! 😀

• Sonn
                      Participant

Tater is a dramatic baby. I put his water bowl on the opposite side of his pen today and he thumped at it for 5 minutes solid. Hmm, I’m not sure I’m going to try a raspberry tomorrow and see how he reacts. He acts like strawberries are personally out to get him.

• DanaNM
                      8935 posts Send Private Message

My childhood dog would eat the grossest dead animals she could find, but if you offered her a piece of chicken breast she would act like you were trying to poison her! She would take it and sniff it for a good long while before deciding it was actually food. LOL

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Sonn
                          Participant

I had one of these. I swear this dog would find an animal that had been dead for weeks on hikes and I’d have to chase her and pull it out of her mouth. Which is really gross and not something I miss doing. But if you tried to feed her actual food she’d lose her mind like it was made out of knives. Like miss girl I just saw you with a rotting deer leg in your mouth don’t try that with me! The only treat I ever got her to eat was green tripe and if you have ever opened a container of green tripe…

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Afraid of Strawberries?