Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A 3 rabbit household!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyLugs
      Participant
      117 posts Send Private Message

Well we’ve well and truely caught the rabbit bug now and rescued our third bunny, Frosty. One girl and two boys now. I understand how difficult this will be. I’m guessing little Jessica will have her pick of the boys and be bonded with one of them, and the other will live seperatly, ultimately both would be ideal, but I realise that probably won’t ever happen! Jess is spayed as you may well know! However I wont set up any dates until a month after the boys are both neutered. Any advice?

• MooBunnay
        Participant
        3087 posts Send Private Message

I’d recommend letting Jess “date” both the boys and see who she gets along with best. You never know – a trio may work, I have not tried trio bonding myself, but I have heard that you work on them in pairs, and then introduce them all together as a trio. If you’d really like a trio to work, once the boys are neutered, try introducing them first to see if it is possible for the two of them to get along.

Be careful by the way – the rabbit bug is quite contagious

• BunnyLugs
          Participant
          117 posts Send Private Message

You ain’t wrong there!! No more! No space for any more. All three are totally adorable and pretty placid. 2 of which were rescued. One of which would absolutely be dead by now if we hadn’t taken him in. I going to work very hard on this. Determined to have three happy bunnies if it kills me!!

• Hannah
            Participant
            274 posts Send Private Message

Hey, the more bunnies rescued into loving homes the better! Can’t wait so see pictures of Frosty– the name makes him sound extraordinarily adorable. And the bunny bug really is a problem! An epidemic, I tell you.

• babybunsmum
              Participant
              3896 posts Send Private Message

o very exciting!  weird… i was just browsing thru a rabbit website today & saw an article on bonding trios.   i didn’t read thru it, but maybe it has some interesting advice?  http://www.ontariorabbits.org/diet/behavinfo2.2.html 

i’m pretty sure a couple of people here have 3 or more buns… maybe they’ll have some suggestions for you & can comment on this article?  good luck!

• Deleted User
                Participant
                22064 posts Send Private Message

LOL….I know what you mean. I want to get Shadow a companion in the new year after he is neutered. I am going to my local rescue to set up up some blind dates…and I will admit, that I had this fantasy that he would bond with a bonded pair so I can have 3 bunnies. I have kept that fantasy to myself until now. The BF would have a breakdown if he knew. ***evil laugh***

I say fantasy cause I know the likely hood of love at first site for a pair is rare and a bonded pair looking for a third is really unlikely. But hey, ya never know.

• osprey
                  Participant
                  2065 posts Send Private Message

I have a bonded trio, two girls and a boy.  I started with the boy (DJ), bonded him with one of the girls about a month after we got him (Curly Sue) and we added the second girl about 6 months later (Deanna).  I had the most success by bonding the existing pair separately with Deanna first before allow all three of them to be together.

I also participated in a successful trio bonding as a counselor.  This one involved an Alpha female who had been difficult to bond, and a pair of bonded brothers.  Somehow the presence of two males counteracted the aggressiveness of the female, and the bond ended up working out.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A 3 rabbit household!