Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE zoom groom brush is great

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • Martie
      Participant
      82 posts Send Private Message

Someone here? suggested it, and I bought one, it’s great in that it’s rubber and you don’t have to worry about hitting their eye or tearing the skin.  It’s a slower hair removal that a slicker brush but so much more comfortable for a bunny.

Of course MoSimba’s choice of being groomed is while he’s on the throne *eyeroll* so I have to sit on the floor and accomodate ‘his highness’ on the throne..

Just an FYI thingy..if you’re interested.

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

They use these to groom the buns at the sanctuary I help at. The master groomer at the sanctuary uses it against the grain of the fur first to loosen any already loose fur. She also uses it damp as well. Once you are finished grooming and full of fur yourself dampen it and run it over your clothes it should pick up fur on you too.

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

Hmm, I think I have one of these, but am not sure that it what it is called. I got it at BB&B but it only really works on Daffodil’s fur it’s a bit longer and doesn’t do well on Bonsai who has shorter, coarser fur. I have used to to clean fur off the couch and carpet though and it worked great!

• babybunsmum
            Participant
            3896 posts Send Private Message

sweet… i have one of those!  mom gave it to me to try on the dog but i didn’t find it to do the trick so well.  bogart’s a collie cross & has a TON of undercoat that needs a fancy grooming tool to get the job done quickly.  i tried it on baby without a lot of success but hadn’t back brushed first or tried to wet it.  i’ll have to check it out again. 

• Martie
              Participant
              82 posts Send Private Message

First, I bought a slicker with tips on it, didn’t work, then a regular slicker which worked better but the tips are so sharp it worried me.
                I’ll try wetting it, that’s a great idea! I like it because MoSimba likes it, lol..like it massages him. He’s through with his molt for now, so
                I have less hair to keep up with.

• JK
                Participant
                2223 posts Send Private Message

I’ll have to get one of these.  I have a slicker thing and Edson does not like it.  I can’t get to his under side at all because it must hurt. The tips are really sharp. The brush is actually called a zoom groom brush?  Where do you get them?

• Scarlet_Rose
                  Participant
                  4293 posts Send Private Message

For getting undercoat I back brush with a regular fine tooth comb. The “Shed Ender” also works well for it too.

• JK
                    Participant
                    2223 posts Send Private Message

My problem is that Edson sort of does this shudder almost like the trance shudder when I try and brush the underside.  He’s not in the trance so I’m not sure what that means exactly. So now I just brush his back but I know I have got to get underneath. It’s really hard to do by myself.

• Lisa_43
                      Participant
                      1499 posts Send Private Message

Oh my goodness! We have zoom groom brushes here in Western Australia; I nearly keeled over, one thing wrong with it is that they come in the shape of a dog or a cat.

What is wrong with this world don’t bunnies mean anything? Why isn’t there one in the shape of a rabbit?

• babybunsmum
                        Participant
                        3896 posts Send Private Message

i know!!!  mine is in the shape of a cat, which was appropriate since it was what my mom used on her cat.  my dog was mortified when i tried to use it on him on the front porch for all to see.  lol.  so far baby still is not liking it at all but i will persist!

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE zoom groom brush is great