Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Zippy’s Spay

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lisa_43
      Participant
      1499 posts Send Private Message

I could not miss poor Zippy and her spay pictures on here also, she is the last one to have surgery today.

I have two hours before she goes into the vet, I will update with pictures when I come back.

I will be glad when it is all finished; I think it has been every Saturday at the vet for 5 weeks with opps and stiches out.

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

Good luck Zippy! Hoping for a quick recovery!

• Lisa_43
          Participant

The last of my bunnies have had their surgery. Yay

Pictures below.

131402023371.jpg
            131402029554.jpg
            131402034258.jpg

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

Oh poor Zippy she looks so helpless.

I sincerely hope everything went ok Lisa.

Hugs for Zippy.

Dawn xx

• kimberleyanddarren
              Participant
              2520 posts Send Private Message

oh i hate bunny opp piccies they look so lifeless and helpless and i dread to think of my poor bun looking like that but it has to be done i suppose! i am glad u have got ur last bunny done, anymore thoughts on keeping them? congrats on u!

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

she does look so helpless.  thank goodness that’s the last!

• babybunsmum
                  Participant
                  3896 posts Send Private Message

((((((zippy))))))  hope she’s recovering well lisa.  what a relief that all the buns are done now… yay!  i’m so glad you post pics.  i’m def squeamish & can’t watch those operations shows on tv, but somehow seeing these pics are comforting to me rather than freaky.  probably because pinky’s spay is coming up soon.  keep us posted on how zippy is doing!

• charlie82
                    Participant
                    295 posts Send Private Message

I wish I had the opportunity to watch an op!!

Glad she is doing well and thank heavens everyone is done now so you don’t have to stress!!!!

• Lisa_43
                      Participant

She is really good today and back to normal, I don’t know what is going to happen to them, I want them to get good homes but I am not doing anything about looking.

I keep getting thoughts about them not getting a good home.

When I was at the vet another lady came in with her rabbit and they think it has uterine cancer, the vet asked if it was spayed and the lady said no, she also asked what she fed it and it was all the food you shouldn’t feed a rabbit.

People here have no idea about looking after rabbits. It’s only people like Dawn and myself and maybe a few others that decide to get a rabbit and educate ourselves on looking after them.

I am scared to let them go, but I looking after them all is getting me down.

• Sarita
                        Participant
                        18851 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad Zippy is back to herself.

I understand your concern about finding them homes Lisa – I would suggest that you do look and those that are truly interested you educate them and support them – show them how to care for the rabbit and what kind of care you expect them to give the rabbit. Most people want to do the right thing (I think) for their pets, they just don’t know what the right thing is. Have those that you’ve carefully screened by phone or internet come to meet you and the rabbits and at that time you will show them the proper care, diet, etc… and give them the names of your vets…make it clear to them though that they are just meeting you and the rabbits and they are not taking them home that day and that you will do a home check when you drop them off to the new owners to ensure they are ready and then follow up with them periodically. I know you will find them good homes – just take your time.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Zippy’s Spay