Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Your bunny’s play style?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ana
      Participant
      182 posts Send Private Message

What does your bun do? Run around? Hop up and down on things?  Just lounge?  Is yours a chewer or digger?

I taught Evie to jump up and down from the top of her cage, and she got so excited hopping up and down and being higher up.  Then she passed out.  She’s a digger for sure.

Wondering about everyone else and how they accomodate their bun’s idea of fun.

• bunnytowne
        Participant
        7537 posts Send Private Message

running in circles on the couch and chewing.  oh digging on me too he doestn’ dig on anything but me. I guess he likes all 3 play styles.

• MooBunnay
          Participant
          3087 posts Send Private Message

Mine have two phases, 1) Binkying like crazy, 2)Asleep with their feet kicked out. There is no middle ground!

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

lol Willow Is LAZY, she LOVES to dig and chew she LOVEs to Jump on my bed(over 3 feet high), Chases the dog…

• Cassi&Charlie
              Participant
              1260 posts Send Private Message

Destroying cardboard boxes and jumping up onto things. Layla will run through anything that vaguely resembles a tunnel, do bunny laps around the lounge room and then pass out.

• Deleted User
                Participant

LAZY Luey!  All that is just too hard and exhausting for him … he’d pass out just reading this LOL.

Yep he does very little.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                  Participant
                  12067 posts Send Private Message

Rupert lives to throw things, and he’s very good at moving things where he wants. It’s annoying at three AM when he’s decided he’s done with his food and tosses the ceramic dish down three stories of bunny condo though!! LoL

Kahlua loves to chase and be chased, dig, rip, throw and binky like crazy. Then she does dramatic, emmy award winning flops and sleeps alot.

Chuck loves to dig!! and eat. and sleep. hehe

• Deleted User
                    Participant

Shadow loves to run as if the hounds of hell are behind him. He likes you walking up behind chanting “i’m gonna get you”. He loves climbing on things and then giving me a heart attack as he launches off the top of the table. But most of all…EAT!

• Alicia Conklin
                      Participant
                      721 posts Send Private Message

Tucker likes to dig in his litter box, chew at carpet and cardboard, fling things off his shelf, run around and explore and chase the cats. 

Tucker’s defintely an explorer over all though.  He sees boundaries as nothing more then a challenge to overcome.  And if there’s anything new in his allowed area (his pen, my office area and the kitchen..) he’ll find out about it for sure!

He also likes to play the “it’s mine” game and runs around daily and chins everything in sight.  Currently anything the dogs might THINK they own..like their food bowls Tucker has decided that it actually belongs to him!

Tucker also likes to shred..but that’s like a drug to him..so we unfortunately have to limit his shredding because it’s just a gateway to worse destruction type behavior. >.<

• Ana
                        Participant

For those with lazy buns, do you try to get them to be active? If so, how?

• dmh426
                          Participant
                          433 posts Send Private Message

you name, she does it. just depends on her mood. she loooooves to be chased though.

• Alicia Conklin
                            Participant
                            721 posts Send Private Message

Sometimes Tucker will have lazy days, but with him it’s not that hard to get him active lol.  The hardest part is getting him to slow down!  Usually all I have to do is get him to get up and play with me, with a ball, with some newspaper…etc or even just make kissy or clucking noises at him.  That usually gets him running! Unless he’s in a bad mood…then nothign but raisins will do the trick!

• Sage Cat
                              Participant
                              1883 posts Send Private Message

Winston likes to run around like crazy – lots of sharp turns, spins & binkys – then he suddenly stops and says “What are you looking at?”He is also excellent at destroying cardboard boxes!

Kay loves to toss things – especially toys that have hay in them – it make a huge mess 🙂 and sometimes she likes to play chase.

Neither one of them can resist anything that vaguely resembles a tunnel – MUST RUN THROUGH!!!

• Sage Cat
                                Participant

Here is a really great way to bet a lazy bunny to play – from CO-HRS:

Get a package of paper lunch sacks. Lay one on its side. On the first day, put a thin layer of alfalfa on the side of the sack. Flatten the sack, roll it up like a cinnamon roll and tie with raffia. Drop it on the floor in the bunnies’ space. They’ll probably spend several hours tearing it apart and getting every last bit of alfalfa out of it.

Do the same thing the next day at about the same time of day, but fill the bag with something else – parsley, for example, and drop the sack in a different location.

At around the same time each day, put something different in the sack and drop it in a different location. When the rabbits begin anticipating the sack, start hiding it behind things in their space. Then start hiding it on top of things in their space (like a low stool or cardboard box). Make it harder and harder, but never so hard that they don’t find it before they give up, so the rabbits have to run and jump up on things to search for it.

• Ana
                                  Participant

Great advice, Sage Cat.  I love hearing about how bunnies play. :p

• Battie
                                    Participant
                                    201 posts Send Private Message

Quincy does crazy binkies, especially if he’s had a long day cooped up. One night he was so spazzy I thought me might hurt himself because he would flip into things (but not hard, thank goodness). My favorite is when he is just standing still, looking serious, and suddenly leaps a foot into the air with a half-twist. He lands with that same serious expression, as though he just forgot his dignity for a moment.

• kimberleyanddarren
                                      Participant
                                      2520 posts Send Private Message

Daxter loves to do his own thing, he is a digger and he loves to move things to where hopscotch cant find them LOL
                                        Hopscotch loves to chase to be chased and when he has had enough he loves to flop out and watch the world go by, he is a chewer more than a digger but rarely chews anything other than his willow toys

• Sage Cat
                                        Participant

sometimes get a toy for Kay that is a tube filled with hay & a few acidophalis (?) tablets – then wrapped in craft paper with the ends tied with raffia – it looks like a big piece of candy.

Yesterday she was playing with one of these – she was throwing it around so hard that she fell over backwards!

She was just fine and actually attacked the tube even harder – I guess it was the tubes fault she fell over!

• Lightchick
                                          Participant
                                          1017 posts Send Private Message

I made Thumper one of those paper lunch-sacks filled with hay and pellets and some parsley, tied off with twine at the top, and punched with holes. At first, he just tossed it because it was in his way. Once he figured out there was FOOD inside (He’s a shameless piggy! He runs over when we open the fridge and leaps inside!), it was all over! That bag was DESTROYED instantaneously! Never mind that what was INSIDE the bag was the same stuff he eats everyday…!

My BF doesn’t want to bother making these anymore because Thumper destroys them so quickly, but he looks so overjoyed when he gets one open, I think it’s worth it! Maybe I could try making double-bags…one inside the other, with a little bit of something like hay between the two bags, so it’s twice as much work to get in to the good stuff in the inner bag… Hmmm…

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Your bunny’s play style?