Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Yet Another ‘Just Saying Hi’

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Wendy Cal
      Participant
      10 posts Send Private Message

Howdy, folks!  i’m wendy, and these are my two bunnies:

CrashSlashFlash, a wild cottontail i hand raised from the time he was about 3 days old ~ this is him in a rare moment of stillness, deigning to accept a kiss from me

and Retread, who was a Christmas present

We’re pleased to meet y’all!

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

WELCOME WENDER_ELF!!!!  Sorry it has taken me so long to welcome you  It’s crazy week here on the board.   Your bunnies are so cute!!  Lots of love!  So adorable!

Tell us the story of the little cottontail. And have you noticed any differences between your domestic?

• Gravehearted
          Participant
          2428 posts Send Private Message

what cute lil bunnies! 🙂 welcome!!

• Wendy Cal
            Participant

Ah, the story of CrashSlashFlash, the rabbit formerly known as Baby Bunny Boy… (i’ve posted this info on another forum, and in a blog, but i would love to see it all in one place, so please bear with me.)

Very First Online Posting:
              11~1~2006
              Holy Mackerel! While slogging through a major storage facility overhaul (a bunch of the stuff we own is currently stored in a school bus), i looked up to see my folks Heinz 57 / Retriever / Hound dog with something moving in her mouth. (This is the same dog that chases down the cats, grabs them by the scruff of their necks and wags them around the yard. The smallest and the most timid cats have drawn the line at being beeotch-drug around, and it’s nothing to be out working in the yard, see the cat run past with the dog hot on it’s heels, then, in a minute or two, see the REVERSE ~ the dog hauling heinie with the cat in hot pursuit!) Anyway, back to the story of the moment ~ So, i’m looking at the dog, and her mouth, thinking “What in the world? Is it a mouse? Naw, too big. A teenaged squirrel? Naw, no tail.” The whatever-it-is squirms, and i rush out of the bus to find a teeny, tiny baby rabbit in Taffy’s mouth, not a HAIR of the little darling out of place!

TO BE CONTINUED… WITH PICTURES!!!

• Wendy Cal
              Participant

Next Post:
                11~4~2006

Well as promised here is one of the many pictures we have of the newest addition to the family. I’m sure there will be more!

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3300/1311/320/IMG_0980.jpg

• Wendy Cal
                Participant

Also on 11~4~2006
                  (BTW, the pics were from earlier days ~ i didn’t want to get too excited about the little guy ~ all the stuff i found online gave an EXTREMELY poor prognosis for his survival in captivity…)

The Baby Rabbit opened it’s eyes!!!

Amazing! Went to bed last night, the baby rabbit’s eyes were sort of glued shut; got up this morning and it can see us!!! And it still likes us!!! lol

So, if a baby rabbit opens it’s eyes at approximately 10 days, and we’ve had it for 7 days, it was only 3 days old when Taffy found it’s nest. It’s really too bad we couldn’t just put it back in the nest, but we know that the dogs had found that one, and the cats wouldn’t be far behind, so we had to actually rescue the baby rabbit.

i keep calling it “The Baby,” but it’s becoming rather obvious that we need a name for it, since it does seem to respond to us talking to it. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Oh! And we think it’s a boy because it’s privates all seemed to be on the outside of the baby rabbit’s body.

i’ve been to several sites, looking for a formula that we could feed a baby rabbit, and i’ve got to give my 76-year-old Mom credit for knowing exactly what to use: Pet milk with a drop of Karo syrup in it. Since i had nothing else, that’s what we fed it, at first. Then, because of what i’d read, we got some of the Cat Milk Replacement stuff, but that sort of gave him the runs. So, back to the tried and true formula.

His ears are starting to stand up and he’s looking more like a rabbit and less like a rat by the hour, it seems! lol

Stay tuned for more baby rabbit pictures and postings in this continuing saga.

• Wendy Cal
                  Participant

Okay, okay, i’m a dumb~#xx. i just noticed that y’all offer an area to create a blog, so i’m off to blogger~land!

• BinkyBunny
                    8776 posts Send Private Message

No worries!    We’ll think of it as a promo for your blogs!

It’s amazing that this little guy has lived.  Another good resource or  good place to call for information is your local humane society. I know many of them take in orphaned wild rabbits, care for them, and then release them back into the wild.   Or you can go to rabbit.org and type in orphaned rabbit, or wild rabbit.  I know they have information on this as well.

Keep us updated!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Yet Another ‘Just Saying Hi’