Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A X-ray for lungs if he’s sneezing less?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Messages

    • LuluRabbit
      Participant
      19 posts Send Private Message

      Hi, I’ve posted here about my little bun Theo before – here’s a brief summary just in case:

      2 months old – sneezing/discharge as soon as he came home. Active and eating/drinking fine. Saw vet – possible pasteurella and on gentle antibiotics and probi for 4 weeks. Clear exam for heart/lungs.

      3 months – Still sneezing, though his stethoscope exam has always been ok (no issues with heart or lungs) but he was put on 3 weeks Baytril for the continued sneezing and vet recommended letting him grow if there was no change, possibly he’s just sensitive to dust/air. We really really cleaned up his area and shook out any hay dust.

      5 months – In the month after he finished his round of Baytril and was not on meds, the sneezing gradually lessened and he only sneezes occasionally now. He’s active, eats and drinks a lot.

      We just took him for a follow-up appointment – Vet said he looks good, no discharge and lungs seem clear. The Vet suggested taking an X-ray of his lungs if we wanted, to be on the safe side, but that if wasn’t totally necessary. I’m thinking about it and it’s horrible to think about it this way but the cost of the x-ray would be a financial strain – but I would do it if I should. I’m just confused whether I should, because the vet seemed to think he is fine, but that we could do an x-ray if we wanted. His sneezing is much better than when he was a baby, and he’s never had any issues – should I be concerned? The Vet wasn’t clear on what an x-ray might possibly find, only that if they found something we should probably not go ahead with our neuter appointment in a month. I was thinking maybe we should just get the x-ray anyway, but my husband thinks it’s unnecessary given his good condition… Ahh!!

      Photo for bunny tax 🙂

       


    • Hazel
      Participant
      2375 posts Send Private Message

      Bunny tax, I like it. 😈

      I don’t think you need to get the x-ray as long as he’s improving. Peace of mind is worth a lot too of course, but as you said, there’s no guarantee the x-ray will reveal anything conclusive. Personally I’d hold off on it. 🙂

      He’s adorable! 😀


    • Wick
      Moderator
      4223 posts Send Private Message

      I also agree, that unless there’s a reason to suspect a long-standing issue that will worsen if not identified or there seems to be a consistent struggle towards respiratory improvement, I don’t think you need an x-ray at this time.

      The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.


    • LBJ10
      Moderator
      14575 posts Send Private Message

      Considering nothing could ever be heard in the lungs, I don’t see the reason for a chest x-ray. It sounds like a URI, not pneumonia.


    • LuluRabbit
      Participant
      19 posts Send Private Message

      Thanks everyone for the advice! I’m going to monitor him in the next month preceding his neuter, and we’ll hold off on the x-ray unless things get unexpectedly worse. Hopefully everything will be fine though.

       

       

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A X-ray for lungs if he’s sneezing less?