Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Worried for my bunny’s surgery

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • sori
      Participant
      9 posts Send Private Message

Hello everyone,

I just took my bunny to the vet because he has to get his teeth removed due to overgrowth.

The vets told me there’s a small chance he could not make it because of anesthesia and although I know it’s a pretty low chance I’m still so worried and I’m scared i’ll lose him 🙁

Has anyone else got their bunny’s teeth removed? Have your bunnies recovered well?

• LBJ10
        16899 posts Send Private Message

I have not personally experienced this, but I know there have been several members on the forum with bunnies that had teeth removed. I’m sure your bunny will be fine. There is always a risk with any surgery. But with an experienced rabbit vet, that risk should be extremely small, especially if your bunny is healthy otherwise.

• Wick & Fable
          5781 posts Send Private Message

I know someone who very recently had a rabbit successfully recover from incisor removal (i.e., all front teeth) — the rabbit was eating by the end of the day and has has no complications. There are many successful stories of teeth removal. There are occasions where they grow back due to the vet not removing it cleanly, but that will be based on your vets competency.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• sori
              Participant
              9 posts Send Private Message

Hello and thank you for your answers,

sadly my little angel has’t made it, this is a nightmare for me. It’s extremely devastating especially because I feel like it’s my fault and I didn’t think this would happen so I didn’t even say goodbye to him for the last time.

i don’t know how i’m honestly gonna recover from this Remy was pretty much all I got and now he’s gone because of me. I should have been a better owner

• GlennTheLionhead
                Participant
                361 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear that, thats awful 🙁

Please do not beat yourself up about it, the fact that you brought him to the vets for a procedure that was so important to his health just goes to show that you cared a lot and you made the right choice. I can vouch that we all would have done the same thing in your situation as it was in the best interest of his health <3 no one could have known it would end that way, life just isn’t fair sometimes.

Binky free sweet Remy x

• Bam
                16872 posts Send Private Message

I’m very sorry you lost Remy. If a rabbit has a so severe dental problem that teeth need to be removed, you cant choose not to do anything. You did what a great rabbit owner would do.

It’s still so incredibly sad that he didnt make it.

Binky free, Remy.

• DanaNM
                  8930 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss 🙁

Agree with Bam, if the dental problems were severe enough to need extraction, there really wasn’t anything you could have done.

Again I’m so sorry. 🙁

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Worried for my bunny’s surgery