Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Worried…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Moonlight_Wolf
      Participant
      1155 posts Send Private Message

Ok Fern has not pooped in 5 hours, maybe more. I don’t know what to do. She is eating and drinking fine and she seems overall fine, she just hasn’t pooped in a while. Should I be worried or should I just keep an eye on her?

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

What has Fern been eating, any hay? I can take a while to get the gut back to normal again after a stasis scare (Or am I thinking of some other bun?). Does she feel “doughey” in the stomach area? If so, that means there is another episode of gas. If everything seems normal, keep a close eye on her. Have you changed her litterbox so it is clean and you can really tell if she has pooped in it or not?

• BinkyBunny
          8776 posts Send Private Message

My bunnies usually go every few hours, so five hours isn’t terribly long especially if it’s during their napping lazy afternoon session, but obviously something is wrong here because you are noticing a change. You know her habits better than anyone else.

I’ll also be interested to hear what your answers are to Scarlet’s questions.

Sometimes getting your bunny to exercise can help – make a box or create a tunnel for her to explore. Just something to get her moving a bit. This can sometimes help alleviate it if it’s a minor thing.

Keep us updated it!! I’ll be checking the board throughout the evening.

• Moonlight_Wolf
            Participant

Yes she ate some hay, and she Finally pooped, It had a lot of hair in it so I am guessing that was the cause. No she did not ever have Stasis, I think that was someone else. I think she just consumed a lot of hair and had to get it out of her system. And I think the reason I got really worried about her not pooping is because I cleaned the litterbox, so I could tell she was not pooping, I guess I noticed every little thing today because I spent almost the whole day around her because I was sick. Thanks everyone though.

• BinkyBunny
              8776 posts Send Private Message

Yeah!! Since you see hair in it, make sure she continues to eat lots of hay to keep it moving through. Has she been molting?

• osprey
                Participant
                2065 posts Send Private Message

It is scary when these things happen! My foster bunny, Cali, will go 6-8 hours without pooping, and then make a whole ton of them. I think they don’t poop continuously through the day, they have more active times. The important thing is are they eating. If not, then there is a cause for concern.

• Moonlight_Wolf
                  Participant

Yes it is molting season for her, just the other day I was vacuuming and there was a ton of flying hairballs that I had to suck up. It is funny I could easily tell what her favorite spots to hang out were, there was always extra hair gathered there.

Yes I can believe that some go for hours on end without pooping. I was just extra observant today because I spent all day around her.

• Beka27
                    Participant
                    16016 posts Send Private Message

thank goodness she’s alright! it can be scary when they have long stretches like that. and i know exactly what you mean by where she likes to hang out. with mine, there’s a fur cloud right behind their willow tent during shed season. while she’s shedding, try and brush her more often so she is not ingesting as much fur.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Worried…