Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Will Thunder ever stop humping Flo?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Flo
      Participant
      22 posts Send Private Message

Thunder has been neutered 3.5 weeks ago gorgeous adorable personality quiet and sedate even before neutering but was spraying terribly. hence Dad bun was neutered. 

All we want is a happy family we have 5 babies with Flo being the mother, Thunder Dad and myself and hubby slave to Buns.  Hubby has spent all weekend making new outdoor indoor hutch with hole in wall with catflap so spoiled bunnies can go in and outside. (I know it doesnt sound like we have a life but we do with two boys 11 and 8 and flat out with 5 new baby buns as well as Thunder (Dad) and Flo(Mum)

We thought after neutering Thunder may give poor blooming Flo a break and stop humping her but he still chases her relentlessly around the house or in the cage(their Taj Mahal)  so much so Ive put my foot down with Hubby and gone thats it poor Flo it wasnt like it was a mutual thing and she was enjoying it as much as Thunder lookd to be.

Gee i rave on  just love my buns BUT will thunder ever stop  humping Flo and making her life a misery??????????????

Flo’s Mum

• Gravehearted
        Participant
        2428 posts Send Private Message

how old was Thunder when he got neutered?
          It also takes some time for all those hormones to calm down, so it might be another month before you see him calming down. That being said – some neutered bunnies do still enjoy sex.

Is Flo spayed yet? If she’s still intact, her scent will likely keep him humping on her.

The other thing is to swap them – let him hump for about 15 – 20 seconds and then try to drape her over him.

• Flo
          Participant
          22 posts Send Private Message

Thunder was 12 months old

Flo is still feeding baby buns (they are 6 weeks old) so she hasnt been spayed yet but will be.  When would be the best time for her she is 7 months old, both are dwarflops

My hubby was telling me Flo was trying to hump thunder when i went to bed.  Maybe she is enjoying it .

• Gravehearted
            Participant
            2428 posts Send Private Message

how soon did you let them play together? boy buns can have viable sperm for up to a month post neuter and females can get pregnant soon after delivering babies.

humping is about domination and who’s in charge for neutered buns – but since Thunder was neutered so recently and Flo hasn’t been spayed it’s likely hormone related. So, my guess is that once they’re both fixed it is very likely to greatly reduce the humping.
              I’d recommend waiting until Flo is at least 6 – 7 months old to have her spayed.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Will Thunder ever stop humping Flo?