Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Will this anxiety go away?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bu20055
      Participant
      246 posts Send Private Message

Hi guys.

This is kind of a question but more of a casual one. I’ve been feeling so much anxiety about my new bun, worrying about every noise, every sleeping position, everything. I get chills and I get sick to my stomach and I just worry. Did this happen to you guys? Will this get better? She’s only been here since Friday but I love her so much already.

Thanks guys

• Muchelle
        Participant
        1141 posts Send Private Message

if you think about it, getting a pet you really wanted to have is a bit like having a kid of your own… so I think your anxiety is justified for now. Give yourself (and the bun) time to get used to each other, learn each other’s patterns. Once you’ll get to know the bun better, you’ll gain confidence and will feel more at ease.

just a tip: if you’re having anxiety towards specific topics (illnesses, or when you’ll have to try to clip the nails, etc…) don’t hold back and seek all the information you’ll need to have a general idea in your mind. We can’t know the future, we can’t control all the variables, we can only do our best.

• HipHopBunny
          Participant
          640 posts Send Private Message

It’s completely normal. 🙂 We all have had first-time parent worries, it’s natural. 😉 Your girl seems very healthy and happy, I’m sure that there is nothing wrong going on inside her body. 🙂 Like Muchelle said though, if you have a health concern, it is great to make a post, you may not need it, but no bit of knowledge is ever wasted. 🙂 Also, there are no pictures here. Can’t you post some so that we can fuss over her too? 😛

Wishing you easy thinking! 🙂

• DanaNM
            8930 posts Send Private Message

I think it’s normal and honestly a very good sign that you will be a great bunny parent. 🙂

Once you learn her mannerisms and ways you will worry less. A big part of detecting problems is knowing what is normal for your bun, so at first it’s natural to worry a lot because you don’t know what “normal” is yet. For example, Bun Jovi HATES being picked up, but when he was really sick with stasis he did without struggling, which set off all of my alarm bells. I also think it’s good to be extra vigilant at first, because problems can pop up when a bun moves to a new home (or they are just getting more attention so the problems are actually noticed!).

I also find that with covid-times, I am hyper-vigilant with my buns because I am home all the time. I swear I think one of them is sick every afternoon, because they are sleeping and I start thinking, “why aren’t they more active? Oh right… it’s their sleepy time.”

You’re doing a great job! I have some things that I often do to double check my buns are all good, so as you get to know Esther you will have those things for her too. For example, with BJ, he will always tooth purr when I rub his checks a certain way. So whenever I’m concerned, I go pet him that way to get the tooth purrs. Or Myra loves oat hay, so if I think maybe she is acting funny I give her a handful of oat hay, and if she tucks right in I know she’s fine.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• prince dorian the bun
              Participant
              743 posts Send Private Message

Oh definitely, it doesn’t help that they are fragile little creatures. Though I am learning maybe not as fragile as made out to be, still it took me several months to just relax a little.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Will this anxiety go away?