Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Will their personality change?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bunny_Mummy
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hello Everybun!

I’m new here, so apologies if this question has already been asked/answered.

So I have 2 bunnies. A 6-month-old neutered boy and a 10-week-old girl (will get spayed as soon as she’s old enough). The male I’ve had since he was 8 weeks old; I got the female a month or so ago.

Even though they are currently housed separately, I spend loads of time with both bunnies (I work from home). My relationship with both is great. The male is a little reserved but loves pets and will run up to me and give kisses. The girl jumps on top of me, watches TV with me, and is generally kind of like a little dog. She has been well-handled since birth and is a very social rabbit.

I love both bunnies equally and will bond them as soon as the girl is spayed.

My question is: will their personality change when I bond them? I mean, will they still like human companionship if they enjoy it now? It’ll be even easier for me to spend time with them once bonded since they’ll be in the same room, and I intend to spend loads of time with them on the floor,etc.

I’ll bond them no matter what, but just curious. 🙂

• DanaNM
        8930 posts Send Private Message

Hi there, welcome!

If both bunnies currently enjoy your company, they will continue to after they are bonded! In general there isn’t a huge personality change with bonding, but sometimes if one bunny is very shy and not super into humans, they will mostly focus on the other bunny once bonded. That said, even in those cases,  the shy bunny can learn from the friendly bunny and actually become more social sometimes!  Your female is still pretty young so she might have a slightly personality shift as she grows into her teenage years, but she won’t suddenly hate you or anything.

My fav thing about bonded bunnies is being able to pet both at once. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Ana William
          Participant
          17 posts Send Private Message

Bonding two rabbits can be a process and their personalities may change, especially if they were previously housed separately and have different socialization experiences. However, bonding rabbits can also have a positive effect on their relationship with you as well. If they are bonded well, they may become more relaxed and friendly towards each other and towards you, leading to more time spent together. But, if the bonding process is not smooth, it can cause stress and aggression which may impact their overall behavior and interaction with you. It is always recommended to bond rabbits gradually and with supervision, and to seek the advice of a veterinarian or an experienced rabbit behaviorist if necessary.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Will their personality change?